Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you find a death for Rachel?

Hi all!
    I am after a death (or re-marriage I guess) for Rachel Sturgess (Sturgis) nee Gold b. 1783, Avington, Berkshire. She married William Sturgess (Sturgis) in 1802, Kintbury, Berkshire. I have them on the 1851 census in a little hamlet, covered by Kintbury. I believe I have William's death in 1856 registered in Hungerford, Berkshire but cannot find Rach(a)el after the 1851 census. Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Rachel Sturgess died Q2 1853, Hungerford, aged 73 according to the GRO index . The William who died in 1856 was 83 according to the GRO index
    Anne
    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 16-04-19, 11:14.

Comment

Free BMD has a death for Rachel Sturgess June quarter 1853 in Hungerford district, volume 2c page 152. GRO gives an age of 73

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
        Rachel Sturgess died Q2 1853, Hungerford, aged 73 according to the GRO index . The William who died in 1856 was 83 according to the GRO index
        Anne
        I'm too slow Anne!

Comment

Berkshire burial index has Rachel Sturgess buried 22 May 1853 St Mary, Kintbury (and an 11 week old infant of the same name the day before). William was buried at the same church 27th May 1856. both have abode as Kintbury.

Comment

Thanks - I always forget to check the GRO if I can't see it on Ancestry!

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
              Thanks - I always forget to check the GRO if I can't see it on Ancestry!
              Tessie, FreeBMD is much easier to search than Ancestry. It is always my first port of call and then to the GRO index to check out likely ones. Best of all .... its free!

Comment

I totally agree with you Anne.

Firstly FreeMD then GRO for ages then ancestry or FMP for burials or deaths.

Also Deceased on line is good for burials. Even gives you the date of burial without a sub. Not all areas covered though.
                Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Working...
                X