US Civil war records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Civil war records

Just received an email to tell me that there is...
    Free access to civil war records, might be relevant?

until 15th April

Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

I have moved your thread to Research where it might be more relevant.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

sorry wasn't sure where to put it, just matched where the ancestry offers had been posted.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

I'd suggest calling the public library and ask for a librarian. They'll know the local resources and how to access them.

genealogybank doesn't seem to have a SS paper, tho they may cover nearby cities/towns.

Did you just google the event? Sometimes newspapers are online and the even is there. Also, check FindAGrave - again, sometimes a volunteer has transcribed an obit.

Comment

i think you may have replied to the wrong thread?
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
            i think you may have replied to the wrong thread?
            Yes, but not sure how? I think I must have back arrowed at some point after I looked around on google.

Sorry!

Comment

hee hee - no need to be sorry - just thought you might wonder what happened to your post
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
              X