Searching for an old obituary from 1957, USA any good sites for this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for an old obituary from 1957, USA any good sites for this

I have a cousing who passed away at 22 from an auto accident in Silver Spring, Md in June 1957. I'd like to read the obituary as there is some family discussion on his death.

thanks

Look online for the local newspaper, and see if they have digitised their records, or contact them to see if they will search their records for the obituary and copy it for you ....... they may charge you for this.

Take out a free 2 week World subscription trial in FindMyPast (if you are not already a subscriber). This gives you access to Newspapers Online. Search the US newspapers to see if there is an obituary that has been digitised from any newspaper.
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia C View Post
      Look online for the local newspaper, and see if they have digitised their records, or contact them to see if they will search their records for the obituary and copy it for you ....... they may charge you for this.

Take out a free 2 week World subscription trial in FindMyPast (if you are not already a subscriber). This gives you access to Newspapers Online. Search the US newspapers to see if there is an obituary that has been digitised from any newspaper.
      I have a few "Cadd" family in my tree but they're here in the US in the 1930's

Comment

Originally posted by dunkinidaho View Post
        I have a few "Cadd" family in my tree but they're here in the US in the 1930's

The Cadds spread to Australia and then some from down under to the US (CA) in the 1840s to 1890s. I have seen Cadd names in the US that seem to have moved directly to the US in the late 1800s, but I haven't followed those back to see if they are connected to me..

If they originated from Buckinghamshire, they might well be connected in the far distant past! Many Cadd families from ca 1740 to the late 1800s tended to have large to VERY large families!
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I'd suggest calling the public library and ask for a librarian. They'll know the local resources and how to access them.

genealogybank doesn't seem to have a SS paper, tho they may cover nearby cities/towns.

Did you just google the event? Sometimes newspapers are online and the even is there. Also, check FindAGrave - again, sometimes a volunteer has transcribed an obit.
          Last edited by PhotoFamily; 07-04-19, 23:51. Reason: previously posted on CivWar thread

Comment

Working...
          X