FMP and 1921 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP and 1921 census

So this is where it is eventually going to be.

52887086_2161274527263658_1976202418114789376_n.jpg

From RootsTech 2019 flyer
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 27-02-19, 10:33.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Does that mean we will have to donate an arm and a leg to see it?
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

There’s soooo many questions I want answered when this goes live but unfortunately it will only help with half of my family as it won’t include Scotland.
      As no doubt Scotlandspeople will be the only place for 1921 Scotland census, I can only hope that either FMP or ancestry will now be allowed to provide transcriptions of the 1911 Scotland census because that’s one area where SP search engines are totally useless. You can’t even search on birth county for example and that info doesn’t even appear in the results list. Same with occupation.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
        I can only hope that either FMP or ancestry will now be allowed to provide transcriptions of the 1911 Scotland census because that’s one area where SP search engines are totally useless. You can’t even search on birth county for example and that info doesn’t even appear in the results list. Same with occupation.
        It might be worth mentioning that to SP GL, as I have always found them very helpful. They may think about doing something about it.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

only 2 years to wait!! wonder if we will all still be so enthusiastic

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
            only 2 years to wait!! wonder if we will all still be so enthusiastic
            Nearer three - they're digitising etc now for release in Jan 2022...
            More info here: https://www.findmypast.co.uk/1921-ce...6ae3dec8faf259
            Christine
            Last edited by Karamazov; 28-02-19, 16:06.
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              It might be worth mentioning that to SP GL, as I have always found them very helpful. They may think about doing something about it.
              If you mean about licensing transcriptions then there might be some hope but I’m afraid that we are stuck with the useless search facilities.
              Loads of folk asked for this improvement when the news broke that Brightsolid had lost the contract to run the SP website and a new company would be taking over bringing in big changes to how it was built. We got big changes right enough and for a good while no end of big glitches but nothing changed in the functionality for the end user apart from the login/username change and the withdrawal of the library voucher scheme.
              Although they have been doing a lot of work with mother’s maiden surnames in the death indexes, there is a long way to go and you still can’t use mother’s maiden surname as a search field for births. This was another area that folks asked for improvements. You used to be able to search on mms if you were in a Scotlandspeople centre as you were effectively logging in to the DIGROS system but since the revamp, what you use in the SP centres is the same as the external online site. So less functionality there too.
              With spending cuts hitting every government department, there’s little or no chance of resources being allocated to upgrading things.
              Last edited by GallowayLass; 28-02-19, 16:21.

Comment

If I last long enough to see it then doubtless Granny will have told a few fibs and it won't be much use to me.
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
                X