Cannot find confirmation of date of birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find confirmation of date of birth

I am researching a Harold Grant Davis, born in a town called South Cave in East Riding of Yorkshire on 15/12/1926 now deceased, I am assured by his widow that the date of birth is correct, but having searched many web sites cannot find it, only an entry for Jan-Feb-Mar 1927 in the town of Beverley,His mother maiden name was Grant,
    Can anyone please throw any light on this? could it be a entry error by the registrar?

Regards

Hi

You have 6 weeks to register a birth and especially with it being Christmas probably didn't get registered until the following quarter. The one you have found is probably the correct one but I'm not sure of the registration areas for Yorkshire.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

It is very likely to be the correct registration as parents had 42 days to register the birth of a child. The date of birth on the certificate will be correct, the birth was not REGISTERED until the 1st quarter 1927.

My daughter was born late November 1968 and her birth was registered in Jan 1969, so she zppears in the JFM 1969 indexes.

OC

Comment

Many thanks for that,

Comment

South Cave was in the Beverley registration district

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
          X