GRO PDF - how long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO PDF - how long?

How long is it between ordering and availability?
    I ordered online last Saturday evening - supposed to be available today (5 working days) but still "in progress."

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

I found it was sometimes as long as when they sent them by post.

Comment

Thanks Val - I'm disappointed it's taking so long.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Yes, about a week plus a day or two seems normal. It does say on the order form when you do the ordering what date it will be available.
        Anne

Comment

I must have been lucky, I have always received them on the day specified or the day before on occasions. The last batch I requested on the 10th Feb, were available on the 15th. Perhaps they have been extra busy with orders received just before the price increase.
          Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

I was disappointed too ,as I just assumed they would send them within 2 days, Bubble is probably right, more are sending for them ,before they go up

Comment

I applied at the new price. The date quoted was today, + add on delivery, which is nor applicable to uploads, surely?

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Delivery is 5 working days. If you ordered on a Saturday, the 5 days + 1 would be effective from the following Monday.

It was only at the start of the project I ever got them earlier.

Vera
                Last edited by vera2013; 22-02-19, 22:15.

Comment

Quite disappointing service time wise for an electronic copy. Surely they could manage it quicker.

Comment

Patience! The certs are donkeys years old and waiting another short time is insignificant in the big scheme of things! LOL
                    Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                      Patience! The certs are donkeys years old and waiting another short time is insignificant in the big scheme of things! LOL
                      Anne
                      Am used to getting instant results on Scotlandspeople website. For the more modern ones, yes you could order through that site and wait a while for your order to arrive by post but why bother when a trip to my nearest registration office armed with the certificate reference and the £15 fee gets me the certificate there and then. All the registration offices can access the nationwide system so makes more sense to buy locally. The cost is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                        Am used to getting instant results on Scotlandspeople website. For the more modern ones, yes you could order through that site and wait a while for your order to arrive by post but why bother when a trip to my nearest registration office armed with the certificate reference and the £15 fee gets me the certificate there and then. All the registration offices can access the nationwide system so makes more sense to buy locally. The cost is the same.
                        If only, GL! I'd be camping out outside my local office or popping in every time I went to the nearby supermarket. (Now there's an idea - shop for bargains and then spend what you've saved on a cert.)
                        Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Actually, I think it's rather a disappointing service. I would have expected it to be much quicker (instant, like Scotland's People) and quite a bit cheaper!

OC

Comment

I was quite pleased with mine. Three ordered late Tuesday evening, received following Tuesday morning. Three for the price of two and didn't have to scan into computer ;-)

Carol

Comment

I’m with OC on this one. The equivalent cost in credits with SP is £1.50. Instant result and marriages included.

Comment

I had expected it to be quicker. Must be the Wizard of Oz on duty, a solitary old man sitting behind a screen and pulling levers/pressing buttons.

Jay
                                Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

very disappointing isn't it Janet, when it first started I was so excited thinking order today and it will arrive within a few days, not so.

Comment

They took two weeks by post to australia. One week to get around to the order, one week delivery.

Now it still takes a week and bam! In my emails. No problem here.

Comment

Well, the Wizard of Oz has pulled his levers and it arrived tonight. Wasn't expecting to get a message on a Sunday evening.
                                      Oh, and it was wrongly transcribed on the new GRO; they have put KirkS, having seen the image, the original is Kirk, with a bit of a fancy flourish on the final letter.

Jay
                                      Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

glad its arrived okay

Comment

Working...
                                        X