DNA help again please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA help again please!

So I have a DNA match and as yet we cant find the link. Im fairly certain I know what it is, but she seems to be a bit resistant.

We both have a shared match, and to her they match 486cm of DNA. This is almost definitely a half first cousin

His great grandparent surnames are Smith (f) and Leathers (m)

I am descended through the Smith side (sister of the above Smith)

We share another match that is through the Smith/Leathers side and she also has a match that is through the Leathers side only that I do not match

We both share an additional 5 DNA matches through the Smith side

I believe she is descended through the daughter of the Smith/Leather family, and this is the same daughter that is the grandmother of her 486cm match

She has DNA matches on each branch of her mothers side, therefore this has to be her fathers side (she has no matches on either of her paternal grandparents, except one that has the same surname born in 1670. I too also have this person, so don't really think there is much in that)

The Smith/Leathers were born in the 1880's and their daughter was born in 1905. Her father was born in 1922, so well within the child bearing age and before her marriage to another man

She has her fathers birth cert, he was born on 28th May and registered on 2nd July. Place of birth is listed as being born at home, and parents are who my match believes are her grandparents

My opinion is that her father is the product at best of the father that is believed to be, and the woman born in 1905

I think she is being held back by the fact that her dads birth certificate list the two people she believes are her grandparents. Also, the Smith family are from Willesden but her dads side are all from Kent

Does anyone have any additional ideas that I could give to her? I have created a family tree that shows all of her DNA matches on both sides, but it still doesn't seem to be enough
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)
Working...
X