Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO PDF now permanent service

GRO News

GRO has been piloting a service providing PDF copies of historical birth and death records. From the 16th February 2019 PDF’s have become a permanent service.
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Thank you for that useful info

Comment

Originally posted by Paulc View Post
      https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...es/default.asp

GRO News

GRO has been piloting a service providing PDF copies of historical birth and death records. From the 16th February 2019 PDF’s have become a permanent service.
      THAT is GREAT news! thank you Paul x
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

good to know

Comment

It's good news but I don't think there was ever much doubt that it would be a permanent service. At least some of the HUGE waste of money involved in the aborted DOVE project can now be justified.

OC

Comment

Yes, OC, but I have always been a bit nervous of the previous front page of the GRO search which said words to the effect that this was a 6 month experiment. Really pleased it is now permanent. Birth and death certificates for less than 'proper' ones and much easier to order as well. With the parish record versions of narriage certificates also available (I'm lucky to have about half my potential needs filled online there) things look so good compared to 20 years ago.
            Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
              Yes, OC, but I have always been a bit nervous of the previous front page of the GRO search which said words to the effect that this was a 6 month experiment. Really pleased it is now permanent. Birth and death certificates for less than 'proper' ones and much easier to order as well. With the parish record versions of narriage certificates also available (I'm lucky to have about half my potential needs filled online there) things look so good compared to 20 years ago.
              Anne
              Rather annoying marriages aren't included. And FMP and ancestry are more interested in adding american records than finishing the english ones. So many counties i'm stonewalled on. Durham for instance would help with a massive chunk of marriages.

Comment

Sadly the marriages were never 'done' in the original DOVE project. I agree, Kyle, there are counties I really wish one of the online companies would get on with. Bedfordshire is another .... hmmm, Bedfordshire, Durham, the small ones!
                Anne

Comment

Working...
                X