Griffith's Valuation on Ancestry-a puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffith's Valuation on Ancestry-a puzzle

On Ancestry I was surprised to see my ancestor listed in the results with the title Esquire MD after his name. This is completely believable but the puzzle is - when you go in to view the scanned record is does not show this designation after his name.

He also appears with the same notation Esquire MD in another county which is very plausible and totally crucial to our research as to his origins as we are trying to link the two locations.

I do not know where Ancestry got this information from so I phoned them and was told it was already in the database when they received it from the source which is quoted as Irish Microfilms Ltd 1978 .

Ancestry has the option to just search on keywords, so if you put in Esquire MD it brings up a whole load of gentlemen with this after their name in the search but again if you view the scanned documents it does not appear on the page, therefore my relative is by no means a one-off.

Has anyone else come across this and any opinion as to accepting it on face value as it seems impossible to find the source document to check it personally?
Working...
X