trying to find birth registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to find birth registration

trying to find the birth registration for Jane Elizabeth Baker from 1851 census aged 6 born sussex.
    I was hoping to find this to see if there are any clues on the certificate to track down the parents marriage. Not sure if Jane would be registered as Sinden/sindon/baker as I still can not find a marriage for the parents Hannah Guy formerly sindon and Thomas Baker.
    If they didnt marry then perhaps they didnt register the child

Are there any other children from the marriage that might pin down MMN? Is Jane on later censuses to give a more definite POB?
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

do you have the link for the 1851 Gloryer please?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have the birth certificate of Eliza baker b 1843 horton kirby Kent. That gives the mother as Guy formerly Sinden. So far I have not found a marriage for Hannah Guy/Sinden to Thomas Baker but I believe her previous husband was Thomas Sinden that died 1832

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
          I have the birth certificate of Eliza baker b 1843 horton kirby Kent. That gives the mother as Guy formerly Sinden. So far I have not found a marriage for Hannah Guy/Sinden to Thomas Baker but I believe her previous husband was Thomas Sinden that died 1832
          if the birth states the mother as Guy formerly Sinden then surely if she was married it would say Baker, formerly Sinden nee Guy? which would indicate she wasn't married at that time.

what does Fredericks birth show as? [maybe they didn't marry until much later?]
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I'm really confused. Eliza and Frederick both appear to have mmn as Grey according to the GRO (registered Dartford).

You are asking for the birth of Jane Elizabeth Baker born aged 6 in 1851, but on the 1851 Eliza is 6 born Kent - Horton. There is a Jane aged 11 born Sussex but on your tree you have that one as Jane Elizabeth Sinden born 1838.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

grey is misread as guy or the other way round

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                I'm really confused. Eliza and Frederick both appear to have mmn as Grey according to the GRO (registered Dartford).

You are asking for the birth of Jane Elizabeth Baker born aged 6 in 1851, but on the 1851 Eliza is 6 born Kent - Horton. There is a Jane aged 11 born Sussex but on your tree you have that one as Jane Elizabeth Sinden born 1838.
                Probably as I found a birth registration for a Jane Elizabeth Sinden at Hastings and put it there to remind me later but I dont think that is the correct one. I would like to find one for he with the surname baker

Comment

The wording on your 1843 birth certificate for Eliza Baker confirms that the parents are not married - so there is not going to be a marriage before that. As noted above, the Jane on the census entry you linked to was shown as 11 years old in 1851 so the 1838 birth of Jane Elizabeth SINDEN would be a very strong match.
                  Last edited by AntonyM; 06-02-19, 20:45.
                  Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                  Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

thank you. perhaps I should indulge in a pdf version of that birth certificate to see what it throws up

Comment

Although that one comes up on Free BMD I can't seem to find it on the GRO to check mmn, despite trying several variations. I wonder if it's one of those that got missed?
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                      X