Georgina Kynaston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgina Kynaston

Could anyone help with information on Georgina Kynaston b 1813 c Surrey ? d 1929? c England . She married Robert Snow ,had 6 children . She divorced in 1842. I can`t seem to find her after 1842 . Where did she go ?

Julip

Looks like Robert died in 1850....not sure if you have seen this...

Genealogy Royal Noble Peer Duke Count Lord Baron Baronet Sir Peer Database Family Tree Europe Nobility Knight Peerage Marquess Earl
    Jacky

Comment

It says she was born 1812 here....a lovely photo of her too....no info about where she went though...If these are yours it says she died 1889

Last edited by Tilly Mint; 05-02-19, 21:19.
      Jacky

Comment

9 Jan 1841 Chelmsford Chronicle

not that this will help but this newspaper record could be themChelmsford Chronicle.pdf

Comment

somebody on ancestry has her dying in 1889 but no details attached

Comment

Did she really live to 116????

That would have been really newsworthy!
            My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

thought she was born in 1812 ? that would make her 77?

Comment

This is what I found on my post 3, Val and it would make her 77. On Julips post she has b 1813? and dies 1929? which would make her 116.....
                Jacky

Comment

ooh I didn't spot that ? give myself a smack lol, weird how people dont realise what's impossible, I spent ages last night just putting her forename on the search, as nobody seems to know what she was under when she died, but was quite surprised how many likely ones there were.

Comment

Am the worlds worst with dates.....and miss whats right under my nose:D...
                    Jacky

Comment

Very interesting family - have been looking into the children in the hope that she may have gone to live with one or either of them, but no such luck. Of her 2 surviving sons, one changed his name to Kynaston (Herbert), and became a well known author, and the other William Roger Snow, led a very varied life, and was amongst other things a very well known illustrator

http://marchhousebookscom.blogspot.c...ard-andre.html
                      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

I do apologise folks ,death date should be 1889 . Having a senior moment !!
                        Thank you so much for all the interesting info .Some I had but others I did not.
                        It is such a well documented family that it is strange there is no record of Georgina in between years .It must have been so traumatic to lose so many of her children in infancy ,I had wondered if she had been badly affected ,and perhaps spent some time in an asylum .The family might not have wanted it known . I couldn`t find anything so still puzzled by her apparent disappearance .
                        Much obliged to you all .
                        Julip

Comment

would love to know what happened in the marriage, as it seems he divorced her for cruelty

Comment

can I ask how you know it was 1889, and if so do you have the cert? or know where she died and under what name .

Comment

am I wrong but she isn't with the family in 1841? if so do you know where she was

Comment

looks like she was born in Oxfordshire not Surrey

Comment

Val , sorry I don`t have any actual records of birth or death for Georgina . I think I got the dates from a website .I also don`t know where she was in 1841. It looks as though they were not living together if she is not on it . I don`t have ancestry so couldn`t access the info Tilly sent . Trying to help my cousin who is directly descended from Georgina`s side, and has had no luck trying to find her .
                                  Really appreciate all the information, and the photo is lovely,she must have been a beautiful woman .Wonder if there was another relationship ,she was still a young woman in 1842.

Comment

what surname was she registered under at death?

Comment

There is lots of info on Georgina online. I took a look at her post 1841 but could not see that she had settled with either her two children as adults or her brothers and sister. It is possible as you say she required treatment for her mental health because of the circumstances of her marriage and death/burial of three of her children within the space of a week.

I have not been able to see her on the Ancestry lunacy register or in census using just her initials.

I have noted a record of her being born in Aldgate on 20 January 1812 but cannot for the life of me find the source now. Will look again. She was baptized in Sandford, Oxfordshire 24 January 1813. Father Roger mother Georgina.

Georgina married Robert Snow on the 10th January 1832 at St James, Westminster. She was a minor and her father Roger gave consent. On FMP.

She is with her ?mother in law Margaret, husband Robert and her surviving children at that time in 1841, recorded as Mrs Robert Snow.

Ancestry 1841
                                      Margaret Snow 70
                                      Robert Snow 34
                                      Mrs Robert Snow 25
                                      William 7
                                      Herbert 5
                                      Frederick 10 months

The ages of the adults can be +/- 5 years

living Savill Row, St James, Westminster. Robert is a Banker

In 1841 there is a newspaper report on FMP re divorce proceedings brought by Georgina against her husband for cruelty. Prior to the proceedings there were discussions ?re libel possibly because of the content of her case for divorce. The divorce was granted.

Cant see any likely re-marriages.

Then, as you are aware nothing. Georgina is referred to in divorce proceedings of her son William in 1881/82 as Mrs Georgina Snow referring to funds he would receive on her death.

Vera
                                      Last edited by vera2013; 08-02-19, 01:17.

Comment

Working...
                                      X