X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Thorman & Margaret Fenwick

Robert Thorman b 1755 Easingwold and Margaret Fenwick b 1762
    married 1782 Easingwold
    had 6 children John b1782, Ann b 1785, Robert b 1787, Joseph b 1789, Elizabeth middleton b 1791, Dprothy b 1798
    all christened at all saints Newcastle
    can not find Robert and Margaret deathes or any thing about Margaret Fenwick as why was she in Easingwold and why after they married came to Newcastle.
    as Robert Thorman is my 4 x great grand father

Quick and dirty answer as to why anyone was in a particular place or moved somewhere even back then was .............. that was where they had found work.

Our ancestors moved around far more than we might think, even going much further back than the 1700s.

Where have you looked for their deaths?
    Last edited by Sylvia C; 01-02-19, 22:27.
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

According to the FreeReg baptism records for children John, Ann, Robert and Joseph in Newcastle, Robert's occupation was Joiner

The record for Dorothy is slightly different, and gives more information ...... including as to where Margaret was from

Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.

Dorothy born 7 June 1798, baptised 26 Aug 1798 All Saints, Newcastle
      Address:- Easingwold of this town
      Father occupation House Carpenter
      Additional note:- 3rd daughter. Mother is daughter of Robert Fenwick, Tanner

Note that Elizabeth Middleton's surname has been transcribed as THORNTON on FreeReg. Father occupation shown as Joiner
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

From FMP .............

Margaret Fenwick baptised 25 April 1762, Edlingham, Northumberland, Father Robert

From FreeReg

Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.

Baptised St John the Baptist, Edlingham
        Address:- Lemington
        Father Occupation:- Esqr

I checked 3 or 4 other baptisms in Edlingham, and father is shown as Esqr

Comment

some good work there Sylvia. :smilee:
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you, Julie

Comment

Working...
            X