Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best family tree printable

Hi all,

I have 7 generations to go back (and the odd 8th!) - what is the best printable to write them on and do you have a link?

Thanks

Can't really help with that, i tend to draw them up by hand on an a3 art folder book. They look impreasive.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
      Can't really help with that, i tend to draw them up by hand on an a3 art folder book. They look impreasive.
      The thing with that Kylejustin is that i can't work the spacings out lol and I don't have nice enough writing lol x

Comment

I've used TreeSeek (treeseek.com) in the past. It takes a GEDCOM file and draws a tree for you. I generate a 9-gen fan chart that includes just parents. It leaves blanks for the people that are not in your GEDCOM file. However, the boxes get quite small by the time you hit the 9th gen!

Hope that helps.
        Mark.

Comment

Will have to have a go with these, although I have tree software, I haven't managed to get it as I would like.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I use Treedraw also. You can import a Legacy file and manually manipulate the result. Although I find it rather fiddly , I can get a pretty extensive tree into a limited space by using the smallest fonts that I can still read, excluding boxes around the names and reducing the amount of bdm info to a bare minimum. I take screen shots of the finished product so can use the tree in publications as well.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Macbev; 03-02-19, 13:12.

Beverley

Comment

I sent my gedcom off to be printed thinking i would get a nice frame and hang it over the fireplace. Because I had so many generations it came back like a roll of wallpaper so I just keep it in the tube it came in and get it out now and again to show people. I have actually added more to it but dont want to get a reprint. I would have to scale it down to fit into a frame....

Comment

Working...
              X