Wrong PDF sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong PDF sent

Has anyone else had the wrong PDF sent to them? I have completed the form and sent it back, and am wondering how long it might take to get the correct one sent out. I double checked and the correct details were provided to the GRO. The one sent to me has the same details according to the GRO indexes, and even the same first name for the child, which is probably where the confusion arose.

So if anyone wants the birth cert for Florence May Smith, born in Nottingham in 1915, I have it!
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

I haven't had a wrong one from the GRO but I had the wrong PDF for a will sent. It was soon put right though within days.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

funny that ,as they are on different pages, and their middle names are different, hope they sort it quickly

Comment

According to FreeBMD, there are 5 entries with the same volume and page number. By the looks of the PDF this was the first one on the page, and as the First name and even the initial of the second name matched, they obviously didn't double check on the surname. I'm sure it will be sorted out.
        Linda

Comment

Still waiting to hear.
          Linda

Comment

I was sent a pdf death certificate instead of a birth certificate. Not quite sure how that happened. Notified them and they responded in a day and the correct pdf was supplied two days later.
            Phil
            historyhouse.co.uk
            Essex - family and local history.

Comment

I sent a second e-mail. They eventually got back to me after 6 days from the incorrect cert having been sent out saying that they would process my application within 2 working days. The correct PDF came through a few hours later.
              Linda

Comment

Working...
              X