X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transcription Tuesday 2019

WDYTYA Magazine

Transcription Tuesday 2019

"It's back! We reveal how you can get involved with our third annual Transcription Tuesday event on 5 February 2019 and help make unique records accessible to all..."

This looks easier to join in with than in previous years.

FamilySearch: Parish Registers
    Unlock crucial details of baptisms, marriages and burials by indexing historic parish registers from a number of areas including Cambridge, Cumbria, Hereford, Huntingdon and Shropshire.
    Find out more >

Railway Work, Life and Death
    Join efforts to transcribe an entire book of Edwardian railway worker accidents as part of this project led by the University of Portsmouth, the Modern Records Centre and the National Railway Museum.
    Find out more >

Warwickshire Bytes: Quarter Sessions Depositions
    Help Heritage & Culture Warwickshire build a free searchable online index to over 12,000 witness statements held by the county archives.
    Find out more >

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I see from the link that Cumbria and Shropshire parish records are included but I don’t see any further info there or deeper in to familysearch as to which parishes in those counties. My research has given me a wee bit of place name knowledge but only in a limited area for each county.
    Does anybody have further info as to the actual parishes?

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
      I see from the link that Cumbria and Shropshire parish records are included but I don’t see any further info there or deeper in to familysearch as to which parishes in those counties. My research has given me a wee bit of place name knowledge but only in a limited area for each county.
      Does anybody have further info as to the actual parishes?
      I guess we'll find out on the day? I am hoping for some specific Huntingdon and Shropshire parishes/areas ....
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Me too in both Shropshire (around the Ellesmere and Whitchurch area) and Cumbria (Whitehaven, Maryport and country villages in between).

Comment

Working...
        X