Heath's of Birmingham, early 19th C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heath's of Birmingham, early 19th C

Hello from Australia, I am descended from William Heath b 1813 Birmingham, (transported to NSW 1834) I am trying to find his English family. His DC records Samuel and Mary as his parents. One of my cousins has sent me a family tree for Samuel and Mary Heath m 1809 Edgbaston, and their children Joseph b 1810, Samuel b 1814, William b 1813, Charlotte b 1819, Charles b 1822 and Phebe b 1825. All baptised St Phillips Birmingham. It could be our Heath's, has any one had any luck with this line by blood lineage or DNA ? Thanks for your help ? Robin

Hello Robin,

Are there any naming traditions in the family? do you have a MN for Mary? Have you tried tracking the family though the census? I have family that were also baptised in St. Phillips, who knows they might have been neighbours?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks for your reply Julie, I don't even know if I have the right family, only that their William doesn't appear in the 1841 census. It's probably not worth tracking this family until I am more certain it is the right one. The naming tradition is vague in Australia, the names in this family do appear but not all in the primary generation. This Mary's maiden name may have been Chambers, I have a Samuel Heath m Mary Chambers 24 Jul 1809 Edgbaston, St Bartholomew. Yes, you are right, the communities were close knit, they may well have known your ancestors. I think I have this family in the 41 census, but that is as far as I have got. William Heaths baptism on 24 January 1814 states he was born 14 June 1813 parents Samuel a Gun Finisher & Mary, abode Lancaster St. Birmingham. Happy New Year from a very soggy Sydney, Robin

Comment

Hi Robin.

thanks for the weather update.. it's been very cold here but no snow or frost!

Many brummies worked either in the jewellery trade or gun/metal finishing trade. Some of mine were in both! I know you haven't tracked them any further yet, have you checked the court records? they might have some other detail [trade perhaps?] just trying to think of other ways you could look.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
        X