Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franz Zenz Austria

Hi,

Can you guys help me? I think I have found my great grandfather, but I've hit a dead end (even though I'm so close !).

WASt in Germany thinks my great grandfather could be Franz Zenz born 01.12.1915 in Groß Stübingen.

His last know adress was:

Reinkehr1, bei Gratwein
    Krs.Graz
    SteiermarkThe issue is that Zenz is a very common surname in Austria and we cannot be sure if this is him without seeing a picture (my grandmother has been told that she looks a lot like him) or somehow getting in touch with his remaining relatives. Does anyone know how we can proceed from here?

Thank you so much,

Sara

I have had a look and there is no place that I can find called Groß Stübingen. There is however a place called Großstübing which is just outside Graz. According to the local phone book there are 5 people with the surname Zenz still living there. Maybe you could try writing to them with your query, they could be from the same family.

https://www.telefonabc.at/result.asp...&sid=&did=&cc=
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Do you know what his profession was? I have found a reference to a Franz Zenz in Steiermark in the 1940's who was a police Inspector. If you go to the link and scroll down to page 27 there is a picture of him.

https://www.polizei.gv.at/stmk/files..._STMK_2_15.pdf

Forgot to say before, welcome to the forum!
      Linda

Comment

On second thoughts that Franz Zenz in the photo would probably be too old for the one born in 1915, but could possible be from the same family -maybe father?
        Linda

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
          Do you know what his profession was? I have found a reference to a Franz Zenz in Steiermark in the 1940's who was a police Inspector. If you go to the link and scroll down to page 27 there is a picture of him.

Forgot to say before, welcome to the forum!

Thank you Linda !

I will contact the people you found in the catalog I don't know about the Franz Zenz police inspector though it is possible, thank you very much for your help

Comment

Working...
          X