Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family search Austria, address and name known

Hi,

I have been looking for my great grandfather for some time now, and have finally found both date of birth and last known address. However, the address has since changed name (as we cannot find it on modern maps) and his surname is very common in Austria. We are not 100% certain that he is the right person, so we want to get in touch with remaining relatives who might have a picture of him so that we can be sure.

Does anyone know if there are any institutions or organizations in Austria that might help me locate reatives based on the last known address?

Thank you,

Sara

Originally posted by Serl View Post
    Hi,

I have been looking for my great grandfather for some time now, and have finally found both date of birth and last known address. However, the address has since changed name (as we cannot find it on modern maps) and his surname is very common in Austria. We are not 100% certain that he is the right person, so we want to get in touch with remaining relatives who might have a picture of him so that we can be sure.

Does anyone know if there are any institutions or organizations in Austria that might help me locate reatives based on the last known address?

Thank you,

Sara
    Why not try this https://www.austriagenweb.org/ which I found by google search for 'Austria family history' . You might also try searching for electoral registers in Austria which would opefully list the people for an address in a particular year, also old phone books.

Margaret

Comment

Thank you Margaret

Comment

Working...
      X