NZ Birth, Deaths and marriages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZ Birth, Deaths and marriages

I want to get a marriage 1903 and death 1908 certificate/printout.

Before I do what information would I get from say the printout and how much does it cost?
    Last edited by JBee; 15-12-18, 09:56.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

its years ago since I purchased mine from New Zealand and I tried recently and found it difficult as you had to prove you were a new zealand citizen!!!
    But when I first ordered I was advised to order the death registration as that lists the surviving children which is different from the actual death certificate and as I wanted the list of surviving children thats what I ordered

Comment

25$nz for a printout (and can be by email), or 33$nz for a certifiicate
      Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
      Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

At the moment that works out at £13.50 for a printout and £17.82 for a certificate.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Was wondering if it had his occupation. He married late in life and wanted to see if he had previously been married. He didn't have any children from this marriage but maybe if he was married before.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Would there be anything on papers past to help? had some good results for marriages for my family.
            Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
            http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

NZ bmd's are similar to australian ones in detail. Death certs record: date and place, name, occupation, sex, parents names, date and place of burial, date, age and place of marriage, birthplace, children's names and ages. All this is subject to the informant's knowledge.

A marriage will include name, date and place, occupation, marital status, birthplace, parents names, address at time.

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
                Thanks everyone.

Was wondering if it had his occupation. He married late in life and wanted to see if he had previously been married. He didn't have any children from this marriage but maybe if he was married before.
                so possibly the death registration will give the surviving children, unless thats been changed since I ordered mine. Its how I found my mums 6 half siblings..

Comment

Thank you again everyone.

He wouldn't have had children from his marriage in 1903 both in their 60's - and other people with him in their tree seem to think this was his only marriage - but don't think anyone has got the marriage printout/certificate.

Comment

Working...
                  X