Seeking Sxxxxx Bxxxxx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Sxxxxx Bxxxxx

I am trying to trace Sxxxxxxxxxxxl xxxxxxxxx, the only thing I know about him is an address in his Aunts Will dated 1948 which was xxxxx xxxxxxxx, Melton Mowbray. I have searched various records including the 1939 Census but can’t find any trace of him. I wondered if there was a directory for 1948 which might have him listed and if he was living with anyone.

Thank you
    Last edited by Caroline; 02-12-18, 18:16. Reason: I forgot to change it ..... Thank You, Guy!!

Seeking Sxxxxx Bxxxxx

Originally posted by Mamabear View Post
    I am trying to trace Sxxxxx Bxxxxx, the only thing I know about him is an address in his Aunts Will dated 1948 which was xxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxx, Melton Mowbray. I have searched various records including the 1939 Census but can’t find any trace of him. I wondered if there was a directory for 1948 which might have him listed and if he was living with anyone.

Thank you
    I have had to remove identifying details from the post since it is not possible to tell if the person is still alive. I am sure our members will have some suggestions on where to look. Caroline
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Hi

If it is his aunts will, can you not trace her back and find out where he comes into the family and work from there.

As we know his Aunt has passed away you could post her info if you need any help and we could follow it up for you and perhaps help
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Was he born about 1884? if so he is on 1939 register Melton and Belvoir R.D with spouse Martha and William Green b.1867
        There is another Samuel b 1906 with spouse Annie and family at Blaby R.D., Leicestershire
        Last edited by Katarzyna; 02-12-18, 15:18.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
          Was he born about 1884? if so he is on 1939 register Melton and Belvoir R.D with spouse Martha and William Green b.1867
          There is another Samuel b 1906 with spouse Annie and family at Blaby R.D., Leicestershire
          Both those entries are not for the village concerned but of course he may have moved by 1949!

I can't find the address on the 1939 and there doesn't appear to be any street names in Wartnaby.

I think the best hope for this is to find the aunt and then research her tree for nephews.

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabear View Post
            I am trying to trace xxxxxxxxx, the only thing I know about him is an address in his Aunts Will dated 1948 which was Friars Well, Wartnaby, Melton Mowbray. I have searched various records including the 1939 Census but can’t find any trace of him. I wondered if there was a directory for 1948 which might have him listed and if he was living with anyone.

Thank you
            You can try the library in Melton Mowbray where they may hold the Electoral Register for that year. You may have to go in person to inspect it.

Margaret

Comment

Looking at 1939, think this might be him, the first few are the refs for census returns/Birth/Death

Looked at this Samuel as there is a marriage to a Martha Dawson 1920 Q2 Grantham reg

Parents Samuel and Mary A Bishop Thorpe Road, Melton Mowbray

GRO
              BISHOP, SAMUEL MMN SPIBEY
              GRO Reference: 1884 J Quarter in MELTON MOWBRAY Volume 07A Page 307

Samuel Bishop married Mary Spibey 27 Nov 1876 Thrussington
              Samuel's father is Nicholas Bishop Labourer

First few are refs for Nicholas

It's just a guess but wondered if it would help with anything written in the will.
              Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
              http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Elaine

That was the one I was looking at yesterday but he died in 1945 before the person that had left him something in her will.

Probably didn't know he had died or never thought to change the will.
                Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Hi Lin

Thanks Lin but do feel I am a plonker as I read the will year wrong!
                  Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                  http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
                    Hi Lin

Thanks Lin but do feel I am a plonker as I read the will year wrong!
                    No need to feel a plonker because it is entirely possible that the person who died in 1948 did not know her nephew might have died. It happens all the time if people don't keep in touch.
                    Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                      Elaine

That was the one I was looking at yesterday but he died in 1945 before the person that had left him something in her will.

Probably didn't know he had died or never thought to change the will.
                      Was the Will dated 1948 or just Executed in 1948 when the person died - it might have been written many years before.

If you give the details of the Aunt we might be able to find out more.

Margaret

Comment

Many thanks for all the replies to this mystery. The only possible father I have for him is Samuel Bishop born 6 April 1881 in Liverpool, which is where the family come from, but I can’t find any trace of him after 1911. I have searched all the possible birth and marriage records without success and was hoping to find the Samuel mentioned in the Will maybe in an electoral register. I don’t live anywhere near Melton Mowbray unfortunately.

Comment

I have just reread it and it’s not actually a Will as she died intestate with no children. The probate document just names him as ‘the lawful nephew of the whole blood and one of the persons entitled to share in the estate of the said intestate’. She died 14 January 1948 in Liverpool, which is where the family were from and the document was dated 9 August 1948.

Comment

As the Aunt has died her name and birth year would be a great help in finding this family if you feel it OK to post her name and details.
                            Kat

Comment

Are these your family?

Birth
                              BISHOP, SAMUEL mmn KNEEN
                              GRO Reference: 1881 J Quarter in WEST DERBY Volume 08B Page 340

Marriages Dec 1868
                              Bishop Charles Henry A W Derby 8b 775
                              Kneen Elizabeth Ann W. Derby 8b 775
                              Kat

Comment

As the Aunt has died her name and birth year would be a great help in finding this family if you feel it OK to post her name and details.
                                I don’t think it would help really as I have all the rest of the family. The only one I can’t find any more about is her brother Samuel Bishop born 6 April 1881 in Liverpool who appears in the 1911 census as single but I can’t find any trace of him after that or anything about the nephew mentioned who lived in Wartnaby.

Comment

Are these your family?

Birth
                                  BISHOP, SAMUEL mmn KNEEN
                                  GRO Reference: 1881 J Quarter in WEST DERBY Volume 08B Page 340

Marriages Dec 1868
                                  Bishop Charles Henry A W Derby 8b 775
                                  Kneen Elizabeth Ann W. Derby 8b 775
                                  Yes that is them but I have all that information thank you.

Comment

Yes, I have seen your tree now on Ancestry but that background information is required to move forward.
                                    We were assuming, as you can see, that he was born perhaps in Melton but it's only today we now know he was from Liverpool.
                                    Kat

Comment

Yes, I have seen your tree now on Ancestry but that background information is required to move forward.
                                      We were assuming, as you can see, that he was born perhaps in Melton but it's only today we now know he was from Liverpool.
                                      I’m not sure where the Samuel mentioned as getting a share of the estate was from only that his address was in Melton Mowbray. I was hoping he might appear in the electoral register from then.

Comment

Working...
                                      X