Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage info of James Coulson

Hi again

I am trying to find the marriage of James Coulson ( DOB 1823 ,Castleton,North Yorkshire , England ) to Elizabeth XXXX( 1824, Elwick, Hartlepool, County Durham ) .

I thought her maiden name was Duckinson , but I don't seem to be able to get any marriage info at all , will attach a 1871 Census of them as married , my connection is with Harriet their daughter , I would like to find their marriage date and the maiden name of Elizabeth , I know I would find this in FindMyPast , but I can't get that at the moment , can get it in the next town's library though .

Cheers
    Spike
    Last edited by spike47; 30-11-18, 15:08.

When was Harriet born? We can get her mother's maiden name from that record, which would help the search for the marriage.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Comment

DOB 1860 , Coatham , North Yorkshire , England , died 1920 .Middlesbrough North Riding of Yorkshire
        Last edited by spike47; 30-11-18, 15:33.

Comment

Did she have any other names, Spike?
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Did she have any other names, Spike?

The attachment link doesn't work for me.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

The only possible I can see at the moment is this:

COULSON, HARRIET SMITH
              GRO Reference: 1859 M Quarter in GUISBROUGH Volume 09D Page 405
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:

Comment

The baptism is on FamilySearch: you can search and view it yourself.

Harriett Coulson
                England Births and Christenings
                Name Harriett Coulson
                Gender Female
                Christening Date 22 Mar 1859
                Christening Date (Original) 22 MAR 1859
                Christening Place COATHAM,YORK,ENGLAND
                Father's Name James Coulson
                Mother's Name Elizabeth
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:

Comment

Hi Elizabeth
                  Thanks for your help .
                  I only have what it say's on the Census , I don't know were I got her maiden name as Duckinson from but i have that written down , I can not find any info of there marriage , I would think they were married in County Durham some where , as that is were Harriet was born and there first child William was born in Wolviston, County Durham, in 1848 .

cheers
                  Spike
                  Last edited by spike47; 30-11-18, 15:51.

Comment

Again from Family Search:

Name: James Coulson
                    Birth Date:
                    Birthplace:
                    Spouse's Birth Date:
                    Spouse's Birthplace:
                    Spouse's Age:
                    Event Date: 04 Mar 1848
                    Event Place: Billingham,Durham,England

First name(s) JAMES
                    Last name COULSON
                    Marriage quarter 1
                    Marriage year 1848
                    Registration month -
                    MarriageFinder â„¢

JAMES COULSON married one of these people

Isabella Heslop, Elizabeth Mary Scotson, Rhoda Dabron, Elizabeth Smith

District Stockton
                    District number -
                    County Durham
                    Country England
                    Volume 24
                    Volume as transcribed 24
                    Page number 177
                    Elizabeth
                    Research Interests:

Comment

Censuses aren't always accurate with respect to age. I think I have found the marriage for you.

Originally posted by spike47 View Post
                      Hi Elizabeth
                      Thanks for your help .
                      I only have what it say's on the Census , I don't know were I got her maiden name as Duckinson from but i have that written down , I can not find any info of there marriage , I would think they were married in County Durham some where , as that is were Harriet was born and there first child William was born in Wolviston, County Durham, in 1848 .

cheers
                      Spike
                      Elizabeth
                      Research Interests:

Comment

Hi Elizabeth
                        Thanks for your help .
                        I only have what it say's on the Census , I don't know were I got her maiden name as Duckinson from but i have that written down , I can not find any info of there marriage , I would think they were married in County Durham some where , as that is were Hrriet was born and there first child was born in Wolviston, County Durham, in 1848 .

cheers
                        Spike

Comment

What was the first child's name?
                          Elizabeth
                          Research Interests:

Comment

Thank again Elizabeth
                            I have seen that info , but I can not be certain as to the correct James Coulson , I need to confirm back to the Coatham family which I know is correct , there is quite a lot of James Coulson's around Durham n North yorkshire , not sure how I can back track to confirm that it is Elizabeth Smith as my great, great , grandmother !! .
                            Is there anothe way of checking this , I thought they put the mother maiden name on the birth info , but i don't think i couls see that for Harriet

cheers
                            Spike
                            Last edited by spike47; 30-11-18, 16:06.

Comment

William DOB 1848 ,Wolviston, Durham, England

Comment

This shows clearly that the mother of this Harriet had the maiden name of Smith.

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
                                The only possible I can see at the moment is this:

COULSON, HARRIET SMITH
                                GRO Reference: 1859 M Quarter in GUISBROUGH Volume 09D Page 405
                                Elizabeth
                                Research Interests:

Comment

Yes it does , but is that the Harriet from the Coatham family !

Comment

Ok thanks Elizabeth , will have to try another way

Comment

On the 1851 Census William was born at Wolviston and his sister Elizabeth D at Coatham.

I'm rather confused as to the problem!
                                      Elizabeth
                                      Research Interests:

Comment

Elizabeth D Coulson on the 1851 Census, just a baby. She was 7 months old.

COULSON, ELIZABETH DUCK SMITH
                                        GRO Reference: 1850 S Quarter in GUISBROUGH Volume 24 Page 448

The mother's maiden name is SMITH.
                                        Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 30-11-18, 16:30.
                                        Elizabeth
                                        Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
                                        X