Missing Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Child

I'm looking for some help please, John Sharplin (birth unknown) married Jane Hedges(birth unknown) on the 19th May 1805. In Horsleydown, Bermondsey. I'm trying to trace whether they had a son called William. Has anyone got access to parish records. Thanks in advance

Don't know if this could be your man?
    Name: George William Sharplin
    Christening Date: 20 Mar 1811
    Christening Date (Original): 20 MAR 1811
    Christening Place: ST MARY,ROTHERHITHE,LONDON,ENGLAND
    Death Date: 09 Sep 1812
    Father's Name: John Sharplin
    Mother's Name: Jane

from

Comment

and it is online, but viewable at a Family History Centre:
      Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Oh, wait - that was the BT. The Parish record seems to be online, but not indexed?
      Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
      Last edited by PhotoFamily; 10-11-18, 02:58.

Comment

Can't see a baptism, but there is a William b 1818 Rotherhithe a Rope Maker marrying a Charlotte Terry in 1840 Stepney. Residence Periwinkle Street. William's father John a Caulker.
        A William Sharplin dies 1854, aged 35, buried 26 Nov, St Mary's, Rotherhithe.

William and Charlotte in the 1841 census and 1851, living living 27 ?Cherry Garden Street, Bermondsey with children.

Vera

Comment

Or maybe not the above William unless he was unsure of his dob as there is a death for a John Sharplin 1814 aged 29 a Caulker St Mary's, Rotherhithe.

All records on Ancestry

Vera

Comment

Referring to Photofamily's post 2, FMP have info on the 1812 burial of

George William Sharplin b 1811 Rotherhithe Surrey
            buried 9 Sep 1812. Father's occupation Caulker, address Spring Court. Same address and father's occupation for sister Jane Mary Grace who died 1807.

Vera
            Last edited by vera2013; 10-11-18, 07:44.

Comment

Hi Vera yes William was a rope maker and he did marry a Charlotte Terry. I've no access to Ancestry so was struggling to find out any further Information about his parents. But I think his father John married a Jane Hedger but all I have is a wedding no birth days
              Last edited by snowywhite; 10-11-18, 11:26.

Comment

Its possible that William was born around the time of death of John Sharplin in 1814 or maybe even after his death.

Ancestry have the Parish records but it looks like the records for baptisms at St Mary's Rotherhithe are only available currently up to 1812/13.

Hopefully the later baptisms will come online if indeed they still exist

I will add some extra info on John and Jane Sbarplin from jottings I have.

Vera
                Last edited by vera2013; 10-11-18, 12:15.

Comment

I note you have the marriage for John Sharplin and Jane Hedger/s in 1805

A John Sharplin b 1785 d 1814 St Mary Rotherhithe
                  A Jane Sharplin, Widow d St Mary Rotherhithe 22/06/1846 aged 63

There are at least 3, possibly more children:

John George b 1806
                  Jane Mary Grace b 1807 d 1807 f Occ Caulker abode Spring Lane
                  George William b 1811 d 1812 f Occ Caulker abode Spring Lane and
                  ?William

A John Sharplin was baptised 26/06/1785, St Mary Rotherhithe. Father John, Mother Grace Curle Shelley

Vera

Comment

An allegation which I think is a promise under oath was undertaken by John Sharplin Widower St Mary Rotherhithe that he would marry ?within a month
                    Grace Curle Jolley/Jelley a minor aged 20 of St Paul, Shadwell, Middx. there being no Lawful impediment etc. This with the consent of her father John Jelly and signed by his wife Mary.

They married 31/08/1783 St Paul, Shadwell

Vera
                    Last edited by vera2013; 10-11-18, 13:15.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

A John Sharplin was baptised 26/06/1785, St Mary Rotherhithe. Father John, Mother Grace Curle Shelley

Vera
                      EDIT Mother should read Grace Sharplin

Comment

Working...
                      X