Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London parish records

I'm trying to find the wedding of
    George Philip Sharplin(b 1843 Bermondsey) to a Sarah born around 1842 in Thakstead, North West Essex.
    Georges parents are William Sharplin and Charlotte Terry
    So the details I would like help with are Sarahs surname, parents, and year and location of wedding please if anyone can help. Thank you

The most likely marriage in freeBmd indexes is George Sharplin to Sarah Barrett, Sep Quarter 1870 in the district St Geo East (vol 1c page 789)

Corresponding entry from ancestry - Christ Church Watney St, Tower Hamlets. George Sharplin, 26, father William Sharplin Ropemaker to Sarah Barrett, 28, father James Barrett farmer. by banns 14 Aug 1870. One witness is Harriet Sharplin.

1881 census shows them in 110 Anthony St in Tower Hamlets - Sarah born Thaxted Essex, four children with them. Will look for her in earlier census.

Di

Sarahs birth registration will be Mar Q 1842, Dunmow Reg District of Essex.
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

I can find Sarah and her father James, widowed in the 1861 census, but cant find them in 1851. They must be mistranscribed.
      Diane
      Sydney Australia
      Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

an easy way to find out the mother's surname is to go to the GRO Index (I gave you the url the other day), and see if there were any children born to the marriage.
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I managed to find 5 children in total but couldn't find mothers surname, now I have that I found all the children's births confirmed on GRO, and the mothers death. Thanks for the wee nudge in the right direction

Comment

Working...
          X