Weaver - Mushroom Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weaver - Mushroom Green

Hi I’m new and become fascinated by the searches on ancestry. Its as much about the detective work as the ancestry now.

I have confidently traced my family back to Henry Weaver b 8 July 1789 in Mushroom Green. Dudley https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...31&usePUB=trueand a whole host of Chain makers there.

I think but cannot document that his father was also Henry Weaver and born 1770 in Broseley Shropshire. Can anyone help or advise how to establish that this is his father or identify who is? Would be very grateful as have had this block for a while now and unable to break through. Any advice or guidance appreciated.

If anyone else has a Chain Making Mushroom Green Connections I now have a lot of detail which can share

Hello Mike,

did Henry have any siblings at all? do their bapts appear on Familysearch.org? were any wills left? did they apprentice anyone/do any?? what about trade directories?

have a look here... Henry had a sister Sarah... entries 285/286

Last edited by Darksecretz; 02-10-18, 12:10.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

yes fairly sure Sarah was his sister but still dead end. Baptisms there with Henry and Ann as parents. can't locate marriage or confirm origination of parent Henry 1770

Comment

Originally posted by Mike JW View Post
        yes fairly sure Sarah was his sister but still dead end. Baptisms there with Henry and Ann as parents. can't locate marriage or confirm origination of parent Henry 1770
        ok did Henry or Sarah have children if so what did they call them? are there any naming patterns? do you have them on any census? do you know if/when Henry/Ann died? do you know where Ann came from?

sorry for all the questions! :smilee:
        Julie

Comment

I wonder if Ann died?

Julie

Comment

Henry died Jan 1873 and had 10 children - Andrew 1806, Ann Maria 1809, Joseph 1813, Ambrose 1813 (name from wife's side) James 1815, Samuel 1818, Thomas 1820, John 1824, Henry 1827 and Sarah 1831.
            No trace of Ann surname or marriage/death. No trace of sister Sarah found either.
            Have them all on census from 1841 onwards https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...99/edit/record

Comment

Found so far
              Children
              Grandchildren 68
              Great G Children 217
              Great Great G Children 169
              GGGGC 51
              GGGGGC 20
              GGGGGGC 7
              GGGGGGGC 6
              total descendants 548
              but can't confirm predecessors

Comment

I was looking at 1851

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Henry Weaver 69 Mushroom, Worcestershire
                Maria Weaver Wife 63 Mushroom, Worcestershire
                George Haddington Lodger 25 Kingswinford, Staffordshire
                Sarah Haddington Wife 20 Mushroom, Worcestershire
                William HaddingtonSon 0 Mushroom, Worcestershire

There's a marriage for George HADLINGTON on Ancestry indexed
                24 Jun 1850
                Marriage Place: Saint Thomas,Dudley,Worcester,England
                to Sarah Weaver

The marriage is on freereg

Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.

Sarah's father Henry occ nailer

Did see this marriage to Maria Nicklin at Kingswinford...details also on freereg

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
                Last edited by Elaine; 03-10-18, 00:48.
                Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Have you had a look at William Weaver next door to Henry?

There is a Benjamin Weaver witness at Sarah's marriage 1850

The only other marriage I can see looking at freereg for details is one for a Sarah Weaver at Saint Thomas,Dudley,Worcester 05 Jun 1820 to a James Smith
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
                    I was looking at 1851

Henry Weaver 69 Mushroom, Worcestershire
                    Maria Weaver Wife 63 Mushroom, Worcestershire
                    George Haddington Lodger 25 Kingswinford, Staffordshire
                    Sarah Haddington Wife 20 Mushroom, Worcestershire
                    William HaddingtonSon 0 Mushroom, Worcestershire

There's a marriage for George HADLINGTON on Ancestry indexed
                    24 Jun 1850
                    Marriage Place: Saint Thomas,Dudley,Worcester,England
                    to Sarah Weaver

The marriage is on freereg

Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.

Sarah's father Henry occ nailer

Did see this marriage to Maria Nicklin at Kingswinford...details also on freereg

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N6SJ-F9K

That's what made me wonder IF Henry had married again.. but in one of the baptisms I saw a Henry and Maria ANN.. so what if she was Maria Ann?

I also saw a marriage for Sarah to a Joseph Price 1838 Clent.

Mike have you plotted all the Weavers? and see where they all fit in?

it does look like Henry had a brother William too from looking at the 1841 census.. I know that it doesn't give relationships but i'll bet that they are brothers.
                    Last edited by Darksecretz; 03-10-18, 08:29.
                    Julie

Comment

thanks Elaine. I have with fairly high confidence everything from Henry Weaver b1789 down including marriage and children GC GGC. Its his father I want to confirm - thinks its Henry b 1770 In Broseley Shropshire but not sure.

Comment

Thanks Elaine aware of William b1791 but not managed to link him with Henry yet
                        where did you find Benjamin as witness to Sarah marriage? that would be helpful

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                          That's what made me wonder IF Henry had married again.. but in one of the baptisms I saw a Henry and Maria ANN.. so what if she was Maria Ann?

I also saw a marriage for Sarah to a Joseph Price 1838 Clent.

Mike have you plotted all the Weavers? and see where they all fit in?

it does look like Henry had a brother William too from looking at the 1841 census.. I know that it doesn't give relationships but i'll bet that they are brothers.
                          Aware of William but not clear how he fits in

Comment

thanks Elaine. I have with fairly high confidence everything from Henry Weaver b1789 down including marriage and children GC GGC. Its his father I want to confirm - thinks its Henry b 1770 In Broseley Shropshire but not sure.
                            Hello Mike

Please confirm marriage of Henry b 1789. If it is the one for 1805 to Maria Nicklin, details on Free Reg give witnesses as John and Harriet Pearson.
                            Harriet is on 1841 possibly widowed, with children, at Mushroom Common. Same page as Henry and Maria.

Wonder if Harriet is a Weaver relative? Cant see a marriage to John Pearson.

Can see on FMP the birth of Henry b 1770 Boseley, Shropshire. Note his father was Richard and mother Margaret

Vera
                            Last edited by vera2013; 03-10-18, 13:45.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                              Hello Mike

Please confirm marriage of Henry b 1789. If it is the one for 1805 to Maria Nicklin, details on Free Reg give witnesses as John and Harriet Pearson.
                              Harriet is on 1841 possibly widowed, with children, at Mushroom Common. Same page as Henry and Maria.

Wonder if Harriet is a Weaver relative? Cant see a marriage to John Pearson.

Can see on FMP the birth of Henry b 1770 Boseley, Shropshire. Note his father was Richard and mother Margaret

Vera
                              Hi Vera Henry 8 Jul 1789 did indeed marry Ann Maria Nicklin (b 1 apr 1789) on 8 Dec 1805. Have seen Henry b 1770 in Broseley and know his parent were Henry and Ann Weaver just dont know if its this Henry and can't find his marriage to Ann. If I can prove this then can go back 3 or 4 more generations thru Richard and Margaret

Comment

Vera
                                I hadn't come across Free Reg before and can see how useful it may be. However whilst it confirmed record I can't see the transcription and how you got witnesses names. Can you guide me ? thanks

Comment

Click on the link in the detail column on RHS - it will open up the transcription.
                                  Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Hi Vera Henry 8 Jul 1789 did indeed marry Ann Maria Nicklin (b 1 apr 1789) on 8 Dec 1805. Have seen Henry b 1770 in Broseley and know his parent were Henry and Ann Weaver just dont know if its this Henry and can't find his marriage to Ann. If I can prove this then can go back 3 or 4 more generations thru Richard and Margaret
                                    Henry Weaver (1789) was baptised 14 July 1799 at Park Lane Presbyterian Church, Cradley on the same day as his older sister Sarah (b 1786). His parents were Henry and Ann Weaver. There is no sign of William Weaver b 1791 at this ceremony.
                                    Henry married Ann Maria Nicklin in 1805 at age 16 when he was already working as a Nail maker. The marriage was witnessed by John & Harriet Pearson. Harriet (widowed by 1841) is on 1841 census in Mushroom Green.
                                    They had 10 children between 1806 and 1831 the eldest of which was Andrew – our direct ancestor. After his wife died when he was 68 he lived the remaining 16 years of his life with a housekeeper (Jane Beach) until his death in 1873.
                                    Maria (as we think she was known) was born in 1789 and baptised at St Thomas Dudley. Her younger brother Ambrose died at age 4 and 17 years later she named her 4thchild Ambrose after him and her father Ambrose Nicklin. Another younger brother was also named Ambrose and was born 12 years after the death of his brother. She died aged 68 in 1857.

Comment

Just to add for you, the references are all transcriptions on freereg, you will be able to check other Weaver's on there too with a general search, hoping you might find some clues there.

The witness I mentioned 1850 marriage, Benjamin, is listed on the transcription along with Roseanna Pargeter.
                                      Elaine

Comment

Just found Benjamin and Roseanna getting married on freereg, witnesses Sarah Weaver and George Hadlington at St Thomas, Benjamin's father William Occ Miner
                                        23 Dec 1850 so presumably ?another Sarah Weaver
                                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                        X