Baptism or christening dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baptism or christening dates

I appreciate the basic difference between christening and baptism, but can a person both be christened and baptised? I have two possible 4th great grandmothers, both named Mary, born/christened/baptised 6 days apart. Could they be one in the same???? Any guidance would be most appreciated.

It's possible, but if you could give us the details i.e. is the surname unusual and where did they both take place etc, we may be able to help more.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Benjamin Gorton was married to a Mary Nightingale. I have two, one born 2/7/1738, the other on 8/7/1738.
      The parents of the first were Richard/Margaret, the second Edward/Margaret.
      I have the first dying 15/4/1767 which means that she died 2 months before she was married! Father named as Richard.
      I have the second dying 25/11/1741, age 3. Father named as Edward.

Benjamins granddaughter was named Sarah Nightingale Gorton. So it appears that there maybe a connection

All this in Tipton, Staffs.

I have the marriage of Ben/Mary as 8/6/1767

your comments/help would be great.

Comment

Benjamin and Mary's marriage on 08/06/1767 on FMP (Good luck with reading it!):-
        https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=GBPRS/STAFF/004029895/00540&parentid=GBPRS/STAFF/MAR/7115/1

Comment

Originally posted by HTSCF Fareham View Post
          Benjamin and Mary's marriage on 08/06/1767 on FMP (Good luck with reading it!):-
          https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=GBPRS/STAFF/004029895/00540&parentid=GBPRS/STAFF/MAR/7115/1

Right hand side, third from bottom.

Comment

Mary Nightingale, baptised 16 Jun 1751 at Tipton, daughter of Benjamin and Rebeckah Nightingale.

Comment

Originally posted by HTSCF Fareham View Post
              Mary Nightingale, baptised 16 Jun 1751 at Tipton, daughter of Benjamin and Rebeckah Nightingale.
              Erm, not sure about this!

Comment

Working...
              X