Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vicars getting married

Hello....long time no see...
    I wondered if vicars getting married constituted a seperate record or if they were easily identifiable amongst normal marriage records.

Looking at
    July 30th 1957
    Liverpool maybe Wirral...maybe somewhere north west.

Hiya Chris! looooong time no see :smilee:

Do you know I have absolutely no idea about what you are asking BUT I have seen entries of vicars in the 'regular' burial registers and also parish records.. so why not marriages?

hope you are keeping well ?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie
      I have a few photos of a vicar getting married with the date and year....the family album that includes these images relates to Liverpool and Wirral maybe a satelite town.
      I wondered if the title Rev. apears in marriage records or if there is a duplicated extra register.

Comment

Hellooooooooooooooo Sherlock!

During my research, I have come across the marriage records of a couple of vicars in parish registers.

Maybe your couple married away from the area where they lived/worked - i.e. home turf of the bride, such as Scotland, Channel Isles, or overseas.

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

My brother married a vicar. Their marriage was recorded in the normal marriage register. Their names, as normal, appear without any titles such as Mr, Reverend etc , but the occupation column would identify his wife as a vicar/parish priest. The wording used to be "clerk in holy orders", I would have to ask them whether that was the term used on their entry.
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Where you bin, Sherlock!!

I have seen a marriage register entry "vicar of this parish" but like the others say, I think it would be clear from the occupation column.

OC

Comment

OH's grandfather was a Wesleyan minister when he married.

No title on the register (as there is not for anyone!), but occupation shows his occupation.

So you need to look for them under their name without the title.
              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Here's what mine put

My great Uncle marries in 1927 states as Clerk in Holy Orders

In 1926 he officiated at the marriage of my grandad when he is as Curate of Wisbech
                Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

I've just checked my records for OH's grandfather, who was married in a Welsh Calvinist Methodist Church in England, therefore with a Registrar present .....

....... the Register reads Occupation: Wesleyan Minister

There is no occupation showing for his wife ........ although she was a trained Milliner and had worked as such. Plus she is shown with her nickname, not her full forename!
                  My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Cheers
                    to pracy
                    I would hit a brick wall as I dont know the names only the face and when they married. Im sure its local but there is not enough in the background to identify the church...

Comment

Originally posted by Sherlockslovechild View Post
                      Cheers
                      to pracy
                      I would hit a brick wall as I dont know the names only the face and when they married. Im sure its local but there is not enough in the background to identify the church...
                      Just a thought Chris, if you know the date then surely it'd be mentioned in a local paper? 'local vicar tying the knot' maybe?
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                      X