Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How and when is 1939 transcription updated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How and when is 1939 transcription updated?

Since it must have been a year or so since I looked up my relatives on the 1939 register I tried looking for some who are now 100 to 101 years old who were previously redacted, using FMP, but they all seem to still be redacted (obviously a degree of assumption there as they are indeed redacted). Does anyone know if FMP automatically or manually or at all unredact records as they reach the 100 year mark?
    People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
    Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

It seems to updated in 2 ways ............

1. People sending in proof (eg death certificate minimum) that a redacted person is dead.

2. FMP has said that it is opening records as and when ............ by comparing against GRO records, and looking at ages. This is obviously moving very slowly.

It's going to be a long job. Many of those still redacted may have died overseas so there will be no record in the UK, and women will have married and changed names more than once.

I'm pretty certain that I have found my uncle and family living at the house where I know they lived in the 50s and 50s. All are redacted, even though both aunt and uncle were born pre-1900. BUT they and 5 of their 6 children emigrated to Australia, no descendants of the 6th have made the effort to open his record, although at least 4 of his 6 children are tracing up the family history. I'm not about to buy Australian death certificates for those who emigrated!

Ancestry now also has the 1939 records, but be warned ........... they seem to have taken the National Archives transcript because I've seen posters commented that records that have been opened on FMP are still closed on Ancestry!
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

All records unredacted on fmp were supposes to be uploaded to the national archives by fmp.

Wonder if that's still the case? Or if ancestry has an outdated version?

Comment

I've seen someone post that the Ancestry version contained an un-redacted name that she had personally had opened on FMP .....

so it really looks as though Ancestry has got the old version.
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Working...
        X