Old dental records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old dental records?

Hi all, ages since I posted on here apologies for that, lots of other things going on.

Anyway, the reason for this post is that I just had a message from my daughter, who is a dental nurse in the Portsmouth area, who told me her job for today was to clear out old dental records. She quoted one date of birth from 1893!

She did ask on my behalf if the 100+ years dob might be saved, but sadly the answer was no. Apparently they have to be incinerated due to GDPR...
    I think that's a lamentable loss of a potentially very enlightening historical information set. I wonder how far any of us would have got with our research if GDPR was enacted say 25 years ago? :(

Cheers,

Clive

I think I would squirm a lot if I had to read though old dental records - it was bad enough finding an old sweet tin with some "interesting" extracted teeth among my mother's things after she died!

There will be all manner of things lost to future generations, there may be reports in local newspapers though these are fast disappearing and we frequently find errors in our local rag due to the journalists not being local.

Comment

Working...
    X