X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be the same couple

Have a Sarah Macey born 20 Apr 1864 St George in The East
    Marries
    William Brown a Printer in 1887 he was born in 1859, not sure where.

she is here in 1911 with the children

he is here in 1911

now then could this be them in 1939 ?

He was known as William Henry Brown

I cannot find a death for either of them before 1939.

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by Guest; 31-08-18, 23:58.

do you have their marriage??

Sarah Macey married William Henry Brown, 11 Sept 1887, Shoreditch, Middlesex

Unfortunately it's an England Select Marriages transcript so no image

My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

should say I think he was born 21 Jul 1859 in Shoreditch

Comment

yes have the marriage on Ancestry

Comment

Your first link takes me to a Private Tree, contact tee owner for information??

ditto your second link, but I think a different tree

Looking at the 1939 link .... it could well be the same couple
          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I'm just going back and moving forward, so forgive me as I'm sure you have these

In 1891, Sarah is living with Husband William and son William age 3. She shows as born ca 1865, William Sr says he is a Lithographer Printer, and they are living in the same house as William E Macey, ?her father.

I can't find them on the 1901 or 1911???

Comment

I do have them in 1901 and 1911
              in 1901 he is calling himself Henry born 1860 Hoxton
              in 1911 William born 1860 London

in 1911 Sarah says born 1868 London supposed to be sister of head of the house Arthur Beamont ? but I dont know who he is
              Last edited by Guest; 01-09-18, 00:57.

Comment

going to bed now thanks for helping

Comment

would welcome a second opinion anyone ?

Comment

I have more questions than answers Val. Can see Sarah in 1911 but cant find William Henry.

Did Sarah Brown marry Arthur Beaumont in 1928 West Ham reg??

There is a Merchant Navy record for Arthur Beaumont on FMP. No date. It gives NOK as wife Nellie of Leyton but cant see marriage for Arthur Beaumont to Nellie Edith Brown.

So in answer to your query re 1939 couple, not sure, although the fact that Sarah again couldnt remember her birth date is a + for it.

Vera

Comment

hi and thanks for looking Vera, well I thought this was him in 1911

I dont know about another marriage for her, will take a look thanks

Comment

interesting as in 1911 she says married 24 years, and they are Sarah and Williams children.

Comment

and the 2nd page of census has Mr Brown crossed out.

The Arthur Beaumont on FMP Merchant Navy record, 2nd Mate was b 06/12/1884 Norwich. Nice looking chap. His nok was wife Nellie of 65 Boundary Rd, Leyton. Dont know who Nellie is.

An Arthur Beaumont m a Sarah Brown in 1928, W Ham Reg. On Ancestry
                          a Sarah Beaumont dies 1933 aged 67 b 1866. Buried Queens Rd Cemetery, Waltham Forest in a grave purchased by Arthur Beaumont. Address 65 Boundary Rd Leyton.

An Arthur Beaumont then marries Daisy Naylor in 1834 W Ham Reg.

Daisy, a widow, is on 1839 census at 65 Boundary Rd Layton.

There is a death on Ancestry for Arthur Beaumont 1936. Buried Queens Rd Cemetery

Daisy dies 1965 aged 73. Memorial to her and Arthur on Find my Grave.

Vera

Comment

Daisy previously married. Maiden name Rowe as on the 1911 with Sarah Brown and children

Vera
                            Last edited by vera2013; 03-09-18, 02:11.

Comment

and before Daisy Rowe m George A Naylor in 1921, she m William H Brown in 1814. Both W Ham Reg

Vera

Comment

blimey Vera you have been busy, thanks so much you are amazing, will spend today investigating.
                                This is the William Henry Brown, who married my relative Ann Elizabeth Wallis in 1882, so not too sure his first wife was dead when he remarried?

Comment

I have a terrible sleep pattern so enjoyed the exercise Val. Can put up links if you need.

Oh that Ann Elizabeth. Remember her well. So
                                  possibly died before William H married Daisy the Lodger of the 1911 or maybe not

Vera

Comment

Ignore last para. Note your referring to William H Senior

Vera

Comment

I've sent for that marriage in 1928 ,may give me some clues as to when William died, will let you know, thanks Vera.

Comment

Cert arrived Vera, says she is a widow address 65 Boundary Road ,Leyton, same as Arthur. witness Nellie E Barry and Sara Mack, not a lot of help ,as she could lying about being a Widow.

Comment

Working...
                                        X