• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins registration

I have two boy births and am sure they were twins but

One is registered in Mile End Jun 1881 01C 560
    The other in Mile End Jun 1881 01C 507

is this possible

Well anything is possible! The only way you'd find out is to get the certs. Is the mother's maiden name the same?

I can think of a scenario where the dazed (ahem!) dad goes to register the birth but only registers one, haha, and someone else has to register the other at a later date.

OC

Comment

I tried searching Mile End Jun 1881 on Freebmd and couldn't find two boys with same surname and the page numbers you gave. If you let us know the names perhaps someone can find the entries on GRO and check if mother maiden name is same for both.
      Possibly one twin was sickly so they rushed to register that one?
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I have twins on adjacent pages but these seem a long way apart.
        Anne

Comment

oops sorry I was looking at the wrong year for one of them.
          I am going to send for Births and Deaths for both, only recently found this couple had 3 more children, two died but not found the third ones death as yet .

Comment

Have you checked the GRO Index?????
            My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thanks for looking Sylvia, that's where I found the 3 other children's births , all the years I have been doing this yet never knew she had 3 more children, that GRO is great.

Comment

Working...
              X