Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harding burials

Hello,

Can anyone find burials for William and Mary Harding, last seen in Buckland Monachorum, Devon, in 1881. Their ages vary, but William was born in Thorverton in 1816 and Mary was born in Upton Pyne in 1824. Neither are seen again on censuses.

I’d appreciate any help!

Adam

You seem to be getting bogged down in lots of branches of your family again Adam. Perhaps i'st time to take the advice you've been given before and spend time on more general research around the ancestors you've already found until you can afford your own subscriptions. Or how about having a go at repaying the efforts members are putting in on your behalf by joining in some of the searches others have posted.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Well since I cannot afford my own subscriptions I cannot help others apparently. As for getting ‘bogged down’, I have spent over £150 on certificates from the GRO over the past couple of months so I am merely enquiring into a couple of dead ends that I cannot solve a) because I don’t have subscriptions and b) because I don’t know which certificates are the correct ones.

Comment

Bear in mind that you can search the parish records on sites like Ancestry and FMP; you won't be able to view the images without a sub, but it should help to narrow down your searches quite a bit.

If you're in the UK you should be able to access both sites at your local library or FamilySearch centre; you can also take out a free 15-day subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamMcGregor View Post
          Well since I cannot afford my own subscriptions I cannot help others apparently. As for getting ‘bogged down’, I have spent over £150 on certificates from the GRO over the past couple of months so I am merely enquiring into a couple of dead ends that I cannot solve a) because I don’t have subscriptions and b) because I don’t know which certificates are the correct ones.

You could have had a full year's sub for £60 and also have had £90 worth of certs.

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
          X