• Show
Clear All

• St Keverne

Would someone be so kind as to check the 39 register for residents of

St Keverne
    Peterborough Road
    Harrow on the Hill
    Middlesex

I'm not sure of the house number but it was a substantial property and should be findable by its name.

Much obliged

graham

I have moved the thread to where it is more likely to be seen.

Caroline
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Do you know the road number or a possible name? I've had a very quick glance and there are 27 entries on the road and they are numbered not named.

The two that are not numbered are Hunt and Collins.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

The house, now called Heathfield, appears to be approx 27/29 Peterborough Road. It is a sizeable place, once owned by Arthur James Hill, a chartered accountant. I imagine that there would be servants.

Comment

Arthur Hill would not be the resident in 1939 on account of his age b1821 Plymouth. His son, Richard Athelstane Parker Hill might be - he went to Harrow School in 1899. The house was known as St Keverne when sold to Heathfield School in 1943.

Comment

Having googled St Keverne, turned up memories from a pupil of Heathfield School
            coming out into College Road, Harrow. If it's the school you are looking for it is on FMP at 12, College Road, Harrow, Headmistress Miss Norris

Vera

Comment

I've contacted her. She confirms that the house was still called St Keverne in 1943 when the school purchased it. Richard Athelstane Parker Hill had a son called Athelstane Peter St Keverne. There must, surely, be a connection to St Keverne village.

Comment

Allo Vera ��

Heathfield School already existed and was spread over a number of sites. The house, St Keverne, was in Peterborough Rd.

Comment

Just looked at an article on Heathfield School which was in College Road having expanded. Under the timeline for 1939 a house, St Keverne's, at the bottom of Peterborough Hill, was purchased for the youngest pupils.

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by Squiddley1957 View Post
                    The house, now called Heathfield, appears to be approx 27/29 Peterborough Road. It is a sizeable place, once owned by Arthur James Hill, a chartered accountant. I imagine that there would be servants.
                    The houses in Peterborough Road only go up to 25 on the 1939.

No house recorded as St Keverne. The only person/s I can see who could afford such a large house are Dealers/Brokers living with servants at no 5 and 7 but they are still there on the 1947 electoral roll.

Vera
                    Last edited by vera2013; 04-08-18, 21:17.

Comment

Bennett household 1939

Keverne, Peterborough Hill, Harrow UD

Reginald D 28/03/1879
                      Director, British Drug House Ltd
                      Ethelwyn 07/09/1877 Unpaid dom. In the margin President British Red.....
                      Reginald P 26/05/1910
                      Metropolitan W Residence
                      In margin Police full time member of metropolitan police force
                      Lizzie Radford (Fountain) 09/08/1883
                      Maidservant
                      Lillian M Little 06/01/1894 Maidservant

Vera

Comment

Working...
                      X