Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry hints

is anyone finding when they click on ignore ,they dont go

Sometimes mine go - but they come back - annoying not to mention confusing. At least FMP tells me if I have previously accessed a record.

Comment

Thanks for reply, I've not had this problem before, its very annoying

Comment

I found that yesterday. Clicked the ignore button but it just blinked and stayed there. I found that if I reviewed the hint and the clicked No it did go. Tedious, though!
        Anne

Comment

I did try that Anne and mine would not go, when you have 12 for one person which are obviously wrong without even clicking on them, its very frustrating.

Comment

That’s another frustration with ancestry. If you know they are wrong, all you can do is “ignore” them. There’s no option to tell ancestry they have got it totally wrong.

Comment

I had hoped that by clicking Ignore it would help their system 'learn'. Maybe I hope in vain!! LOL

At least Ancestry's system does make some effort to accept alterations or corrections a member makes to transcriptions. I always take the trouble to do that on Ancestry because I see other people's corrections come up and help in searches to find a person. FMP seem to take no notice. Yes, they send you an email saying they will look into it within X amount of time but those I have checked back on have never been changed so I have given up with them, waste of my time.

Anne

Comment

I've had some preposterous ones lately eg someone who died in the 1740s had a marriage hint in the 20th century.

Comment

Working...
                X