pearson parents required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pearson parents required

I have tried looking on medwaycityark but since they updated it I dont seem to have much luck with it. I am curious to find the parents of Edward Albert Pearson who married Celia Sarah Freed both born 1905, married 1931.
    My grandparents were Pearson and Freed and for a few years we kept seeing another birth with that combination of names but couldnt work out the connection. I now have the Freed connection to Celia but wondering if Edward is also connected to the Pearson tree. (If that makes sense)

Can't help with marriage details, but on the 1939 Register, there's a Celia S Pearson b 18.1.1905 in the same household as an Edward Pearson, lorry driver heavy worker, b 4.1.1905, a closed record and a Joan P Pearson b 22.11.1932, all living at 23 Grange Road, Harrow.

Might that help you ID/narrow down options for their births and/or parents?

STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Thanks but I had seen that, . That was another thing that had us confused as my actual aunt joan pearson mothers maiden name freed was born 1933..lol
      Nothing on 1939 to add to my details. They appear to have 2 more children 1940 and 45 . Did look to see if they were on anybodys trees but cant seem to find them

Comment

Celia's birth was registered in Q1, 1905 in the Malling Registration District, MMN Flood and there's a marriage in Q3, 1884 also in Malling between a James Frederick Freed and a Priscilla Flood. Is that any use?

And there are two birth registrations in Q1 1905 for boys called Edward Albert Pearson. One in Malling and the other in Sevenoaks. Neither have a mother's maiden name listed.
        Last edited by SmallTownGirl; 21-07-18, 12:54. Reason: Extra info
        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

yes thanks for that. I already have Celia attached to my freed tree as she is related to my grandmother but was curious to find out if Pearson was related to my grandfather. They might have met at the wedding!! LOL

Comment

GRO index for 1905 has two PEARSON, Edward Albert. One in Sevenoaks and one in Malling. Both illegitimate by the looks of things.

Comment

Oops, just realised Small Town Girl wrote this already at the end of her post.

Comment

1911 Census has a Edward A Pearson age 6 born in Aylesford as stepson to Albert H and Ellen Eliza Gadd. There is also a stepdaughter Nora aged 4. Might be barking up the wrong tree though !
                Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Comment

There is a baptism in Kent 1883 St Mary the Virgin, Burham for an Ellen Eliza Pearson daughter of John (labourer) and Jane.
                  Last edited by GallowayLass; 21-07-18, 20:20.

Comment

Ellen Eliza’s birth was 1882 4Q Malling with mother’s m.s. Coulter

Comment

Just to muddy the water re:1911 census, in 1910 Malling, Kent Ellen E PEARSON married
                      Jesse Hadlow on FMP Marriage finder

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                        Just to muddy the water re:1911 census, in 1910 Malling, Kent Ellen E PEARSON married
                        Jesse Hadlow on FMP Marriage finder
                        I think that is because Albert H Gadd's entry on the GRO index is unclear. He also married Malling q4 1910 but FMP have transcribed the page number as 1463. Freebmd have him transcribed as page 1403 but state that the expected page range for Malling is 1465 - 1522. Ellen Pearson's entry is on page 1468 and there are only two other names listed for that page - Jesse HADLOW and Harriet MAY and 1911 census has Jesse HADLOW with wife Harriet. So I'm fairly sure Albert GADD was on page 1468 as well and he did indeed marry Ellen Eliza PEARSON
                        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Hmm. Now when is GRO ever wrong LOL Can you see the original images of the GRO register pages? then browse you way through the quarter till you get to G and check if Mr Gadd is actually there. I’ve had a few hunts in the past myself when only two or sometimes three out of four names appear in the Find Spouse or Marriage Finder options.

Comment

ok thanks for all the help and suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by r642611 View Post
                              1911 Census has a Edward A Pearson age 6 born in Aylesford as stepson to Albert H and Ellen Eliza Gadd. There is also a stepdaughter Nora aged 4. Might be barking up the wrong tree though !
                              when I do a 1911 census search nothing shows up

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                                Hmm. Now when is GRO ever wrong LOL Can you see the original images of the GRO register pages? then browse you way through the quarter till you get to G and check if Mr Gadd is actually there. I’ve had a few hunts in the past myself when only two or sometimes three out of four names appear in the Find Spouse or Marriage Finder options.
                                No the GRO index is not wrong, it's just that the image is unclear so neither FMP or Freebmd (nor I) were able to make out the page number. He is definitely there on the index and the page number is very likely to be 1468 to match Ellen's. The two websites both opted for numbers which didn't fit the range for Malling.
                                Albert Gadd.jpg
                                Last edited by JudithM; 22-07-18, 12:17.
                                Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Enlarging the image shows it definitely is Gadd, Albert H. Malling 2a 1468 The top of the 8 is curved as opposed to the entry immediately above where the figures 73 are clearer and shows that the typeface used had a flat top to the number three. The entry below is a clearer 8. The last entry shows a clearer 6.

Capture.jpg

EDIT : beaten to it again LOL Sorry for double answer.
                                  Last edited by GallowayLass; 22-07-18, 14:13.

Comment

Working...
                                  X