Marriage dissolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage dissolved

If both parties are deceased, is it possible to find out why a marriage was dissolved sometime between 1972 and 1986.

No, not really, unless there was something in the local press. Divorce is a private matter, only the fact of a divorce being granted is public information. Also, that recently, there need not be any reason given (not sure when no fault divorce started?).

OC

Comment

how annoying, has it always been impossible then? and have you dried out now OC, did make me laugh what you said on the general forum, sorry but its the way you tell em.;)

Comment

Haha, oh I was soaked to the marrow and had to sit in my wet clothes all day. I smelled like a wet dog.

I think if you can get hold of the decree nisi, it does say why a divorce was granted (desertion, adultery etc) but that would be before the no.fault divorce law and normally divorce records aren't kept for more than 20 years.

Early divorce records, before ????1920????(guessing) are kept in the National Archives but that's no use to you.

OC

Comment

I'm looking forward to standing in the garden getting soaked, when we get some rain.

Comment

Working...
          X