Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've lost my source - can anyone find it please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've lost my source - can anyone find it please?

I'm in the process of writing up what I know about one Frank Biglin Caley, who some forum members kindly helped me with.

Amongst my notes I have a reference to Frank and one his brothers being recorded in Normanton, West Yorkshire, I've annotated the source as "1920 Electoral rolls." Now I can't find the source to check the information:( Can anyone help, please? I've currently got myself into that state where I can't see for looking. I suspect it was probably following on from a FMP search, and it's probably as simple as a deviation of a spelling, or I've misrecorded the date. I think the brother was Leonard, but it may have been Leslie. (sloppy note making on my part I know.)

When Frank sailed to Australia in 1922, he said he was a miner. Pre 1914 he worked on farms, but if he and his brother went to Normanton after serving in WW1, that was a coal mining area and I need the electoral reference as evidence.

Thanks for reading
    Jay
    Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 15-07-18, 15:58.
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Ancestry
    W Yorks Electoral Roll

Frank Biglin Caley
    Normanton
    On Image with
    Leonard Caley
    Julia Render (O)
    12 West Street, Altofts

Ref no NORM:12/1 NORM: 12/2

Vera
    Last edited by vera2013; 15-07-18, 16:20.

Comment

Thank you Vera

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Thanks to Vera for today's input and also to all the gang who assisted on my previous thread.
        I still don't know for certain which Frank Caley was put on the roll of honour I'm investigating, so I've done a potted biography of 3 different Frank Caleys, with my reasons for and against each being my man. It's up to future readers of the "book of honour" to make up their own minds as to which is the "right" man! And to add further references, family memories etc.

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

A grand job your doing, Jay......the families will be made up with your references!
          Jacky

Comment

Working...
          X