Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple (?) query on 1939 Register

I can't see an answer on the boards so -
    Looking on the 1939 index for A, the preview shows A and C and one other person. Looking for C it shows C and B and one other person. Question is - does the preview ever show a young child as being redacted as well? I know that A & B had a young child - birth reg confirmed for her but I cannot find a death or marriage for her. Can I buy credits from FruMPy to look? - it doesn't appear obvious.
    Advice would be much appreciated.

SleepySS

Yes, anyone is redacted who is less than 100 years old and has not been proved to have died.

OC

Comment

Just as OC says, although I have seen errors where the living are not redacted.

Comment

Also, anyone who's date of birth has been omitted or is unclear.
        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
          Just as OC says, although I have seen errors where the living are not redacted.
          So have I. My elderly friend aged 94 yrs is redacted, but his younger brother (also hale and hearty) is not.
          I recently discovered I could view the record of someone else I know of (born 1939 according to the register) whilst his mother, deceased and born before the 100 year limit, is redacted. I think there is sometimes a problem lining up correctly the image when attempting to reveal the information about an individual now deceased.

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

You always need to look at the image because the transcriptiona are sometimes wrong.

Did you know you can see the 1939 register on Ancestry as well, now?

Anne

Comment

Thanks all. I wasn't expecting to find the child's name, just if there was one in the house. Its now sorted.
              Cheers,
              SS

Comment

Working...
              X