Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambridge records pre-1752

Hello,

Hit a dead end with my Cambridge research. Last record is the marriage of Thomas 'Hermunt' - probably Harman - and Martha Gooden in 1752 at St. Peter's Church. Can anyone find any christenings or prior records for the pair? I have their burials. Thomas may have been born in nearby Barnwell in 1691, but that's the only trace I see. Also looking for any christening for Robert Game, who married at St. Giles' Church in 1775 (I have his burial too).

I'd appreciate any help!

Adam

Does Thomas' burial say how old he was when he died. I see he has a son Thomas in 1753 so the 1691 bap would make him 60. Not impossible but it isn't easy when you get this far back with research.

There is a Martha Godwin being bap 30 Sep 1730 at St Peters Cambridge to Thomas and Katherine (Catherine on bishops transcript).

Still not sure but I have many on my tree like that as it is so hard to prove.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Sorry - Thomas' father may have been born in 1691, I think Thomas was born in nearby Chesterton in 1719. Thanks for all the rest!

Comment

You're right! Thomas Goodin married Katherine Malt at the same church in 1724!

Comment

Robert Game. Is that his burial in 1831 aged 86. If so this could be his baptism but have no idea where Sawston is. 17 Jan 1744, parents Robert and Martha.
          Lin

Comment

I'll look into it. Do you have anything more on Thomas Goodin and Katherine Malt?

Comment

The only one I can find in Cambridge is Thomas Goodwin bap 20 Mar 1705 St Botolph Cambridge. All the others are in villages or the outskirts of Cambridge.
              Lin

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Theres a Catherine Mault bap 14 Sep 1701 at St Peters Cambridge. Father Robert. Couldn't find a death at all

Adam, I am happy to look them up but feel they all need researching a bit more as everything is so vague. This is not just your family as it gets harder to tie people down when there are so few places to look.

Please see if you can find anything else before you add them to your tree.
                  Last edited by Lin Fisher; 09-07-18, 17:57.
                  Lin

Comment

Thanks Lin. I've made notes on them all but I haven't incorporated them into my tree yet as especially ones outside of the parish church aren't necessarily mine.

Comment

Robert Malt married Catherine Bigg (widow) at St. Peter's in 1690.

Comment

Can you find any burials for the Malts or Goodins/Godwins you've found? Drawn a blank on Katherine Bigg's first marriage and can't find anything more on Robert Malt.

Comment

Working...
                        X