1939 living in port Talbot with wife beatrice and 4 children

Died in Neath 1947

Regards Phil

??????

Marriages Mar 1920 (>99%)

Chandler Beatrice A Saunders Cardiff 11a 556
    Saunders Frederick W Chandler Cardiff 11a 556

1939 Register
    Saunders Household (6 People) 22 Evans Street , Port Talbot M.B., Glamorganshire, Wales

Frederick (W) Saunders 02 Oct 1895 Blast Furnace & Ironworks Rigger Heavy Worker
    Beatrice (A) Saunders 26 Oct 1895 Unpaid Domestic Duties

4 children born 1923-1935, all registered Neath, 2 girls then 2 boys. All still possibly alive
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Frederick William Saunders is not an unusual name.

You may have to buy the marriage certificate to find out his father's name and occupation.

It will cost you £9.25 p&p worldwide from GRO

You have to register on the site, but it is free and safe.

The only other option I can think of is if you or someone else is lucky enough to find an entry for the marriage online ........ I've had a quick look but with no success.
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

saunders family

hi

I could do with some help please

Looking for the parents of a Frederick w Saunders who married a Beatrice Ann chandler

He was born ant 1895 ???

They had 4 children as in the 1939 register ( port Talbot )

One was roy Saunders b 1935

I believe married a jean walmsley ???

Regards Phil

Comment

Marriage in 1920

Marriages Mar 1920 (>99%)

Chandler Beatrice A Saunders Cardiff 11a 556
          Saunders Frederick W Chandler Cardiff 11a 556

4 children born between 1923 and 1935, registered Neath

Comment

What was the birth date given for him on the 1939 Register????

You should have given that, saves us having to search!

Comment

Have you asked this question before????? On this site or another???

I have just looked on the 1939 Register and this record is shown as my having looked at it before, and the family has literally nothing to do with me, so it has been a search for someone else??

FWIW ...............

Frederick (W) Saunders 02 Oct 1895 Blast Furnace & Ironworks Rigger Heavy Worker
              Beatrice (A) Saunders 26 Oct 1895 Unpaid Domestic Duties

Comment

I have merged in your previous thread so that all information is available in one place.
                Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Philrmoon View Post
                  hi

I could do with some help please

Looking for the parents of a Frederick w Saunders who married a Beatrice Ann chandler

He was born ant 1895 ???

They had 4 children as in the 1939 register ( port Talbot )

One was roy Saunders b 1935

I believe married a jean walmsley ???

Regards Phil
                  Hi Phil, do you have the marriage cert or a transcription of the document, as this should state the names of the fathers of both bride and groom?
                  This is important for eliminating other possible Frederick Williams and would also help with identifying FW in the appropriate family in census returns prior to his marriage.
                  Was Frederick William born in England, Wales or you're not sure?
                  To save helpers wasting time searching for references you already have, could you tell us whether you are working forwards or going backwards in time, and also what documentation you have? i.e any census records, parish register records, any details from birth,death cerificates etc.

Jay
                  Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 09-07-18, 11:23.
                  Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

There is an identical thread on Rootschat too.

Comment

Thanks, Jill.

Jay
                      Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Hi

I have also posted on roots chat

I cannot afford certificates so hoping someone sees my posts and replies

Sorry

Regards Phil

Comment

Phil, I think you'd be very lucky indeed to find someone on a small genealogy forum who has ownership of the exact certs you need. Also, once you get into the 1900's there's much less chance of the parish registers having been filmed and available online.
                          I find post 1911 the hardest period to research due to lack of available resources. Luckily though, I began researching over 30 years ago and there were still people around who could give me lots of personal memories and show me artefacts that had belonged to some of our forebears.
                          Do you live in the area of your research interests? If so, I've found graveyard searches wonderful sources of information, and also the local studies section of libraries in the area. Another place that sometimes turns up information is the online catalogue of the county record office of the area of interest. From your armchair, you can enter a surname or the name of a place and then read through all the hits. Amongst all the chaff I've unearthed some real diamonds from these blanket searches.
                          Yes the cost of certificates does seem pricey, but with careful planning and searching the number needed can be pared down. If you compare the £9+ price for a cert with travel costs and the time involved in getting to a record office and in searching at the rate of the minimum wage per hour, then a cert doesn't seem all that expensive!
                          And of course, not everything is available online or in the public domain.

Jay
                          Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Hi Janet

Working backwards from Roy Saunders ( who is the father of a living person born in glamorgan )

Roys parents ( taken from an Ancestry tree )

As the 1939 census states

Frederick Saunders 1895 and Beatrice Saunders 1895

In port Talbot

Found Beatrice Saunders ( nee chandler's parents )

Now need Frederick Saunders parents

Please

Regards Phil

Comment

Hi Janet

Thanks for your message

Appreciated

Regards Phil

Comment

Working...
                              X