Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christening in Headington, Oxfordshire

Hello,

Looking for the christening of William Clarke in Headington in about 1846. Son of Samuel Johnson.

I'd appreciate any help!

Adam

It seems a waste of peoples time when you put a similar search on another forum within 10 minutes of posting this. The other forum has answered the query - you should let people know not to waste their time.

Comment

Adam, see Caroline's thread on this board - free access to Ancestry, including 1939 register. This is a great opportunity for you to solve many of your queries yourself, without having to stir from your computer. Happy hunting.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Adam - again you are ignoring the good advice of the people who are trying to help you in your searches, viz.

1) include COUNTY in your search query
        2) add in what you already know about this person to bolster your claim regarding birth year and place [where does the info. come from census? marriage? etc. etc,]
        3) be clear about who you are asking people to look for - is it William CLARKE or is it William Clarke JOHNSON? [Please note - the convention is to put a person's surname in CAPITAL letters so it is clear]
        4) make it clear if you have already posted a similar query elsewhere

This will be a good strategy to continue to have the support of people in this forum to help you

Comment

I believe I have found the birth and christening records for William CLARK but it is not 1846.

In the interests of: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime". (ATTRIBUTION: Chinese proverb), please advise who the parents of William CLARK are [you state Samuel is the father and I presume that is from the person who helped you on Rootschat in June, and I believe I know who the mother is] and I will show you how to use Familysearch, FreeBMD and the GRO to get a clear result to your query
          Last edited by Bertie; 06-07-18, 10:03.

Comment

Free access to Ancestry over the weekend Adam, fill your boots!

Comment

Working...
            X