Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date of Stapleford marriage

Hello,

Isaac Skare married Mary Hitchinson in Stapleford, Cambridgeshire, in 1716. Can anyone find me the exact date?

Thanks,

Adam

Have you looked on Freereg to see if the marriage is on there .... its' free ;)

Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.

or you could try family search, which is also free

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I've tried both. Thanks.

Comment

Both Ancestry and FMP have just 1716. I'm wondering if the exact date is not readable.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

You may be right Lin. I've emailed the church to ask them if they could find the record for me.

Comment

I think the same must apply to the 1722 marriage of Henry Boon and Margaret Parsons in Snailwell. I don't have that full date either.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamMcGregor View Post
              You may be right Lin. I've emailed the church to ask them if they could find the record for me.
              Records are rarely kept at churches these days, registers are normally with the county archives.

Comment

Yes, that's what I've tended to find with my enquiries. The parish church at Soham still had theirs and helped me a great deal!

Comment

Working...
                X