Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devon burials

Hello,

William Harding was living in Buckland Monachorum 1881. I can't see him in 1891. He was with his wife Mary and their son John in 1881. Can anyone find out what became of them, and perhaps some burials?

Thanks,

Adam

A possible death for William? - HARDING William 62 Tavistock 5b 268
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Buckland is under the Tavistock RD so quite possibly! Thanks.

Comment

A quick look at freeBMD (free - https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl) shows a long list of deaths of William Harding n Devon between 1881 and 1891 - you don't say which year they were born in.

With a bit of research, you may be able to exclude most of them. E.g. age at death and in which registration district would Buckland fall?

findmypast has some relevant Devon parish records, but the only burial they have of a William Harding in Buckland Monachorum was born and died in 1817 aged 5 months. He was was 2Of Horrabridge".
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I had looked at them and where they were in 1881 Caroline. That's why I picked that one for his age and area. Sorry, I should have said.

Comment

He was born in Thorverton in 1816 and his wife was born in Upton Pyne in 1824. They must have moved after 1881 and I can't find either of them in 1891.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              I had looked at them and where they were in 1881 Caroline. That's why I picked that one for his age and area. Sorry, I should have said.
              Not to worry - I was just having a quick look and it helps if known information is posted and not left to us to find first so that we can answer the question.
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

fmp has a lot of Devon records online - someone have a sub?

Comment

The only burial for 1885 on FMP is

William Harding 67
                  17 Dec 1885
                  Newton St Cyres.

Not sure if it the right one as I don't know Devon well.
                  Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Probably the wrong burial as 1881 has a William living with wife Elizabeth in Newton St Cyres.
                    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I'm not sure where the pair went after 1881 in Buckland Monachorum but William was born in 1816 and Mary was born in 1824.

Comment

Sorry - I have just realised that I didn't post the year and month of that likely death for William. It was Dec 85 (aged 62), the same month and year that the other William Harding died (aged 67) in Crediton and was buried in St Cyres (Nr Exeter). There doesn't appear to be a record of 'your' William's burial, but if he was yours you wouldn't find him in 1891.
                        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 16-06-18, 17:04.

Comment

I can't find a death that sticks out in Tavistock for Mary Harding (nee Westcott), so I wonder if she moved?
                          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 16-06-18, 17:06.

Comment

Working...
                          X