ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ancestry

What is wrong with Ancestry? It keeps freezing , all I get is the circle of doom!
    Anyone having the same problem or is it me ?

It's sluggish for me too.

Comment

ooh good must mean new records coming ;D

Comment

Yes, it's driving me mad too. Also suddenly the trees on mine are now showing all family events - birth of brother John, birth of sister Mary etc etc despite unticking the 'show family events' - it does it's little whirly bit for about 1/2 minute and then the ticked box returns and they're still all there. GRRRRRR!
        Did I read somewhere there was a free weekend on Ancestry over the Bank Holiday? If so I suspect that's what is causing it rather than adding new records Val. :(
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

They've been warning of difficulties for weeks which will last until the end of the month when there will be big upgrades of some sort.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Didn`t know you could untick family events, it takes for ever to note what is on tree . If I want to print it off it takes loads of paper !

EP

Comment

According to the Ancestry FB page, the issues will continue until this Thursday. They also had had an outage during the day which was fixed quite quickly I gather. I often had to press reload but usually only once.

This was in response to a question about hints appearing when they'd been switched off, probably answers the question about things coming and going:
              Ancestry We are in the process of making planned system enhancements and infrastructure upgrades which, once complete, will improve site performance and enable more records, more hints, and more connections, making the platform even more valuable for our community.

The issues you are experiencing are directly related to the complexity of the infrastructure upgrades and they will end after the transition is finished. Please know that your data is safe with us. All the work you have done on your trees will be preserved even if you are experiencing some difficulties as the result of this upgrade.

We expect the transition to be completed by Thursday, May 31, 2018, and we will let you know if this date changes. Thank you very much for bearing with us during this period. Everyone on the Ancestry team really appreciates it.
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by julip View Post
                Didn`t know you could untick family events, it takes for ever to note what is on tree . If I want to print it off it takes loads of paper !

EP
                This is where you turn them on/off

Capture 1a.JPG
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks Katarzyna,

Much better , been trying for ages to do this , other than going down the whole list ,deleting ,deleting ..............

EP

Comment

Working...
                  X