Who Do you think you Are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Do you think you Are?

Everyone who goes on this finds an important ancestor, whereas most of us are restricted to farm labourers. My main gripe though, is the supposition. A kid wasn't with his parents = they had a massive falling out. this was a census of that day, not that year. This is stuff that we miss as amateur genealogists.

I've sometimes wondered how many so-called "celebrities" have their ancestors researched before THE one is found with one or more interesting or important ancestors

In other words, how many are researched and found to have the same boring ancestors as the rest of us

WDYTYA never tell you that, do they?
    Last edited by Sylvia C; 03-05-18, 23:46.
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I think it was Michael Parkinson who was contacted as a possible subject for WDYTYA (UK)
      Some time later he was told his ancestry was too boring......But in much politer terms:D

Chris
      Last edited by Chris in Sussex; 04-05-18, 00:47.
      Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris in Sussex View Post
        I think it was Michael Parkinson who was contacted as a possible subject for WDYTYA (UK)
        Some time later he was told his ancestry was too boring......But in much politer terms:D

Chris
        Was just going to say that but you beat me to it LOL I’d better not become a celebrity then as they wouldn’t want me either.

Comment

Working...
        X