Half price: one month sub to FindMyPast's Ultimate British & Irish sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half price: one month sub to FindMyPast's Ultimate British & Irish sub

Only available via .com not .co.uk so far as I can see.
    FindMyPast.com is offering a one-month subscription to its Ultimate British and Irish package at half price.

The package provides access to all FindMyPast's records, including exclusive collections such as the England and Wales 1939 Register and an unrivalled collection of British and Irish historical newspapers.

The regular price of a month's subscription to the Ultimate British & Irish collection costs US$19.95. With the 50% discount, it's just US$9.98. So approx £7.50 sterling???

Sign up before 11:59pm GMT on Tuesday 8 May, when the discount expires. After the initial offer period, your subscription will be automatically renewed at the normal price unless you un-tick the ‘auto-renew my subscription’ box in the 'My Account' section of the site.

Offer page here: https://www.findmypast.com/offer-50?...c75895115c431a

Christine
    Last edited by Karamazov; 03-05-18, 06:57.
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Seems that it is only for new subscribers. I don't have a current sub to FMP, but have subscribed previously. When I click on the link I get the following message:

This discount code doesn't appear to be working.
    It could be that it hasn't been entered correctly, the code is invalid, or you have previously redeemed an offer of this type.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard in Perth View Post
      Seems that it is only for new subscribers. I don't have a current sub to FMP, but have subscribed previously. When I click on the link I get the following message:

This discount code doesn't appear to be working.
      It could be that it hasn't been entered correctly, the code is invalid, or you have previously redeemed an offer of this type.
      That's odd - like you, I didn't have an active FMP sub but I've previously used various FMP offers through .ie, .co.uk and .com but it worked for me. Perhaps make sure you are logged out of all FMP accounts and try again?
      Researching:
      HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
        That's odd - like you, I didn't have an active FMP sub but I've previously used various FMP offers through .ie, .co.uk and .com but it worked for me. Perhaps make sure you are logged out of all FMP accounts and try again?
        Gnashing of teeth - it took me through to the landing page, code successfully applied, option to click on the $9.98 for a month offer and pay. This was late yesterday. Stupidly, in hindsight, I didn't go ahead and pay then, thinking I would start the sub today. Now when I try, I get the same message as you. UURGH! Looks like I have missed the boat!
        Last edited by Karamazov; 08-05-18, 10:11.
        Researching:

Comment

I even tried it on my phone, from which I've never logged on to FMP before, and I still get the same message. So it looks like the link or code are broken somehow. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Richard in Perth View Post
            I even tried it on my phone, from which I've never logged on to FMP before, and I still get the same message. So it looks like the link or code are broken somehow. :(
            I don't think I've ever logged on to FMP via my phone either so followed your lead, tried on my phone and it worked! I now have a sub till 7 June.
            Process - on phone I logged in to this forum, clicked on link in my original post above, code successfully applied, picked the one month option. Was then asked to sign in to my FMP account. I was then asked if I wanted to pay using previously used credit card - which implies that the offer is not just for new subscribers. Clicked yes, and hey presto, new one month sub activated.
            Can you try again using either process above or on another device? Good luck!
            Researching:

Comment

Well that's odd, I have just done what karamazov suggested above, and got in, I have tried on my laptop with no Luck so tried on my iPad, and hey I got in...strange really as I am sure I have used my iPad before , but never mind, many thanks karamazov, one happy bunnie. ;)

Lilly

Comment

Thank you for highlighting this offer. I have successfully signed up for a month

Comment

Seems like it was just a glitch then, and now I've missed the boat. Not to worry though, since Ancestry has just announced the 1939 register is now available on their site (coincidence? I doubt that very much!!) and that was the main reason for wanting FMP access in the first place. So it's FMP who missed the boat in this case - at least as far as my $10 goes!

Comment

Also, don't you have to remember to cancel before the month is up, or they charge for more?
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                    X