Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explore the 1939 Register like never before ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explore the 1939 Register like never before ....

Came across this on Facebook:

Findmypast

Explore the 1939 Register like never before with our new and exclusive map search feature. Hit the stack icon on the bottom left of the map to switch between modern, 1939 and 1888 map views.

Not exactly how I was going to spend the day!!
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Yes this is a bad thread Caroline, I didn't get dressed to midday!! no beds made, no washing up done nothing, but hey I found loads of interesting threads.....many thanks, looks like there won't be much done today.....;)

Lilly
    Last edited by Lilly the flower; 02-05-18, 13:01.

Comment

This seems to work really well. I have been in the habit of making every effort to find the actual location of the address, many of which are in the Rural Districts and not very near the 'town' they are listed under. I do have the OS maps on my computer, so with the aid of them and browsing the nearby pages I have got most of them. I was impressed that the 1939 map did show exactly the place I had already worked out.

...... now to look for those I just couldn't pin down!
      Anne

Comment

Really useful! And I now know there's a well behind my son's house, it must be capped now though as there's a driveway to next door.

Comment

Working...
        X