Any tips for Ancestry Home page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips for Ancestry Home page?

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for organising Ancestry's Home page? I have a 'quick link' bit at the bottom right to get to censuses and BMDs but there are other collections I would like to access on a frequent basis. For example, just recently the link to the England and Wales Probate Calendar disappeared from a list that used to be at the top left of the page.

The only way I have found to be able to keep quick access is to save a search result from the particular collection to my shoebox, which does appear on the Home page, and get to the collection from there. At the moment I have the Bedfordshire Electoral Rolls and the National Probate Calendar there! That seems quicker than trying to think of the correct search term to find it in the Card Catalogue.

Better ideas will be very welcome!!!
    Anne

not sure if I have read it right but do you know about the quick links bit right hand side on the home page ? this is part of mine
    quick links.jpg

Comment

Ah! I knew I must be being stupid!
      I do use those quick links to get to various family trees which are public (you can't access them from the drop down tree list)
      I was so focused on those being names of trees that I completely overlooked that you can use it for a link to anything! Deerrrh. Stupid me!
      Thanks Val!
      Anne

Comment

YAY!! Got it sorted. Thanks Val
        Anne

Comment

I thought maybe I was not reading what you wanted correctly, glad you got sorted.

Comment

dont know if you know but I also have the link to FMP on there.

Comment

I twigged that you could put any link from anywhere in. Thanks.
              I usually have quite a few tabs open on my browser at once while I'm working; ancestry with my tree on, FMP, FreeBMD, GRO index, and another one for Ancestry searches. Now I'll be able to get to the search collection more quickly!:o
              Anne

Comment

you forgot this one I have this one open too, just in case I miss something.;)

Comment

HaHa, yes, of course it goes without saying that I have a tab for this site!
                  Anne

Comment

Working...
                  X