Gro/pdf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gro/pdf

I was hoping to order a PDF for a death in 1975 but its not giving me this option or am I on the wrong page?

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
    I was hoping to order a PDF for a death in 1975 but its not giving me this option or am I on the wrong page?
    not sure that the pilot goes up to 1975 gloryer.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Q2. What records are available as a PDF?
      The extended Pilot covers PDF copies of those historical digitised civil registration records held by GRO (i.e. birth entries from 1837 - 1917 and death entries from 1837 - 1957). A GRO index reference is required to be provided with the application. You can find the GRO index references by logging on to the GRO online ordering service and accessing the GRO online indexes. A PDF will cost £6.00 each.
      hope this helps x
      Julie

Comment

thank you. My aunt in usa just e-mailed and asked what my grandfather died from as my mum and her 2 siblings all had Dementia/Alzheimers. Her mum died at a young age and her siblings dont show any signs of it so she was curious about my grandfather. She now has aroused my curiosity. Not sure if I want to spend the full amount on a certificate though but its the only way to find out.

Comment

thank you. My aunt in usa just e-mailed and asked what my grandfather died from as my mum and her 2 siblings all had Dementia/Alzheimers. Her mum died at a young age and her siblings dont show any signs of it so she was curious about my grandfather. She now has aroused my curiosity. Not sure if I want to spend the full amount on a certificate though but its the only way to find out.
          didn't your mum have her dads death cert? or has her siblings children got a copy of it?
          Julie

Comment

no her step mother would have had it.

Comment

I don't think dementia is given as a primary cause of death, is it?

OC

Comment

No I didn’t think so either OC. My mother had dementia but you would never know from her death certificate It lists the stroke she had 2 months before her death, diabetes and obesity!! Now Mum was a 5’0” wee pudding but she was not, in my opinion, so obese that her weight caused her death. She had worn size 18/20 clothes for over 40 years.

Comment

Death certificates are supposed to report what the deceased died of, and any health issues they had. But this isn't always filled out.

My great grandmother's sister died in 1991, cause of death was "old age". In 1991......at 99 years old, she would definitely have health problems.

Comment

no her step mother would have had it.
                    ahhh :(
                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                      I don't think dementia is given as a primary cause of death, is it?
                      OC
                      Some types of dementia could be primary - but it would more often be seen as a contributing or secondary cause.
                      Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                      Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Working...
                      X