Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambridgeshire baptisms

Hello,

Yes I have already searched FamilySearch and I did once search FreeReg.

The baptisms I am interested in locating are:

Eliza Scarr, born 1847, Cambridge
    James Scarr, born ca. 1820, Soham
    Robert Scarr, born ca. 1783, Trumpington
    Sophia Hinson, born ca. 1820, Cambridge

As well as any marriages for the aforementioned Robert Scarr or for John Hinson (b. 1781, Elsworth).

I'd appreciate any information!

Thanks,

Adam

Adam, try using Scar* on Family Search.

James Scarr is under James Scare. It's indexed oddly but he was baptised at Soham in 1820. Parents John and Ann. Confirmed by FindMyPast.
    Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 23-04-18, 06:41.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Blanket searches in a thread are difficult as it all becomes most confused with some posts relating to one person and other posts to a different one.
      If you are really serious about researching your tree you should perhaps think about visiting your local library or LDS centre where you can have access to Ancestry and maybe also FMP for free. A local family History Society can be very helpful too.
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

It looks as though a subscription to findmypast will serve you well - they also have Cambridgeshire BMDs.

You can take out short term payments to most sites if you can't afford a a full year to any and as has been said, your local library often gives you access. Most of us will have started out with pay-as-you-go and free two week sessions. Doing lookups for other people can often be against those sites' Terms and Conditions as well.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamMcGregor View Post
          Hello,

Yes I have already searched FamilySearch and I did once search FreeReg.

The baptisms I am interested in locating are:

Eliza Scarr, born 1847, Cambridge
          James Scarr, born ca. 1820, Soham
          Robert Scarr, born ca. 1783, Trumpington
          Sophia Hinson, born ca. 1820, Cambridge

As well as any marriages for the aforementioned Robert Scarr or for John Hinson (b. 1781, Elsworth).

I'd appreciate any information!

Thanks,

Adam
          The above two sites are continually being updated, so one needs to visit regularly from time to time, to check for updates.

You have been given some good advice on how to access Ancestry for free at your local library or record office. You might also care to look out for special offers on Ancestry membership. Many of us have taken advantage of these (via postings on this site) particularly a reduced "new member" annual UK sub, which has worked out at just a little more than £1 a week.

Jay
          Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 23-04-18, 10:24.
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X