Ancestry Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Help

Is it just me? when I try to edit a search the Update box is greyed out, consequence is I cannot edit the search.
    I'm really getting fed up with Ancestry, its bad enough the cookies banner appears on every single page I go on.

I don't use the Update box to edit ...... just above that box there is an Edit Search. Use that!

On the initial Search request, make sure that you have ticked Match All Records, and UK and Ireland in the Collection Focus (or whichever country/continent you are searching).

That search is currently taking you to Records. Click on the Categories tab to see what you are used to seeing.

I have noticed that is when I do a new search when using a specific collection, eg Birth, Marriage and Death, it is bringing up all the other records, not just BMDs grrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm not getting the cookies. Have you got your Ad blocking on??
    Last edited by Sylvia C; 14-04-18, 00:19.
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thanks Sylvia
      I do have the ad blocker on.
      I have always clicked on edit then update, as I assumed you had to ,and its always worked, but now the Update box is greyed out all the time.

Comment

Edit Search works independently of update. The update box is greyed out unless you move one of the search filter slides - then it turns green and you need to click on it to put those changes into effect. At least this is the way it always works for me.
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

thanks Judith maybe I have been doing that then ,as I honestly dont remember seeing it greyed out before.

Comment

It has always been greyed out for me, but then I have never moved one of the search filters. I always go into Edit Search to change the search parameters.
            My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

thanks Sylvia shall remember to do that in future.

Comment

Working...
              X